Thread: A huge thanks to everyone!

A huge thanks to everyone!

IMG_0731.jpgSo long story short. I am the original owner of a 2004 Buell XB12s. For some reason about nine years ago I put it in the corner of the garage and that's where it stayed. It also had a half full frame of gas. Yeah I know stupid! About a month ago a friend of mine motivated me to fix her. That's what led to a tank cleaning, fluid changes, new plugs, a new fuel pump, new injectors, and a lot of extra parts I really didn't need. It's just money right. That's is where the thank you comes in. Thank everyone for all of the knowledge that I have aquied from Buellxb.com.
    I worked on my trials and motocross bikes when I was growing up but I have no idea about fuel injection, v-twins or any street bikes. Because of everything I have learned here, after installing the new injectors today I heard her run for the first time in 9 years. Sounded just as nasty as I remember. I know there are other things I need to do before I get her on the road again. So any information would be greatly appreciated.IMG_0730.jpg

Can't believe you let that sit in a corner. What a nice bike. Do not put it back in the corner again. Once you put your leg around it again you will remember how much fun it is to ride. Good luck getting it back on the road.
    Last edited by rchuff; 07-14-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Nobody puts Baby in a corner !

That's a jewel I would like to own. Belt, fork seals, wheel bearings, tires. Just a few things I would keep an eye on as you reunite her with the highway. Maybe you've already checked them out, I haven't been in here for a while reading up on cool stories like this.
    Last edited by midway; 07-14-2018 at 02:04 PM.

What a great story! Another lives!

Tires for sure, but run the crap out of her and you'll never put her away again

Thanks for the responses. Thought y'all would like to see it put back together.
    IMG_0738.jpgIMG_0737.jpg

You guys were right! I forgot how much fun it was! Went on a 100 mile ride today and everything went well still a few things I need to do but I think it runs better than when I put it away. Believe me it won't be put away like that again!

Good to hear