Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do often that makes you the happiest?

What do you do often that makes you the happiest?

I know it's a chatty question and this being a motorcycle forum most responses will (should?) be predictable

But lately I've noticed several acquaintances of mine that have no hobbies. Nothing.
    Work, eat, TV, buy stuff, bed, repeat. Aside from 'I love my kids/wife/dog', or minor things just to pass more time before they die, they have passion for nothing. Seems like Hell to me.

What do you selfishly for YOU and not for anyone else. The thing that makes you smile in your sleep, the thing your friends roll their eyes when you talk about it. Something you'd do whether married, single, parent, broke, old, hurt...

The best thing I ever did in my life was to eliminate things I did that I wasn't passionate about. A garage full of shiny stuff that just sat That crap always needed something. Registration, maintenance, whatever. That left money, and most importantly TIME for the few things I really love.

For me, it's being packed light and putting my helmet on without a final destination

Yesterday, a 35 year old guy called me "Sir" and opened the door so I'm coming up to 'old age' I can no longer deny

No matter... I have truly never been happier in my life.

What floats your boat?? A boat? haha.

What floats your boat?? A boat? haha.
    That makes me pretty happy when I'm on it and not fixing it! Screenshot_20180616-150554_Snapchat.jpg 20180526_083004.jpgOr our camper. 20180506_140205.jpgAnd obviously the motorcycles which are mostly a selfish pleasure. The boat and camper are more for the fam.

Banned
    Paragliding, bicycling, snowboarding, RC planes designing, building and flying, videogames.

I currently design and build 4 meters span carbon fiber RC glider, pretty huge thing I will hopefully enjoy soon.

Here is wing master models sections for wing molding tools building in progress

Last edited by TPEHAK; 07-17-2018 at 08:20 PM.

I understand about the no hobbies/interests thing. I have several friends who live for their kids, but as the kids get older, they find they are doing less and less. I try to get them out and about, but the passion is gone for them. The SO has no passion outside of work right now. She slowly started putting all her time into her job and I understand it because she is a special ed teacher and devotes a lot of time to make sure her kids can survive in the real world. As I started reassembling my sportster, she realized that she too needs a hobby and is trying to find that passion now.

I spend a lot of time making things. I love to create stuff and as I move towards retirement, I am teaching myself different things like wood working (I have a ton of experience already but no fine furniture experience), pin-striping, and car restoration. I want to be able to make things and sell them for extra cash for retirement.

Hmmm.... well besides hot rods and motorcycles there is my guitar hobby. I have a sound proof studio that I make a lot of noise in.

Then I also really enjoy bicycling. I ride about 100 miles a week. I'm lucky to have some nice bike trails, so it's refreshing to get out on two wheels without dealing with traffic. It's quiet. It's relaxing. It makes me feel good and healthy.

I'm into all kinds of sh!t, mountain biking, kayaking, surfing for 36 yrs now, waverunners,muscle cars, and riding quads. I'd have to say that the most selfish thing I enjoy hands down the most (besides BJ's) Is being on the racetrack and building and prepping my own machines. She isn't to keen on it but knows she CAN'T stop me and supports me 100%. Oh, and I'm with John......ZERO social media. Good stuff from the guys above as well, awesome hobbies.20180610_142406.jpg20180610_142333.jpg
    Last edited by wickedchop; 07-18-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Last edited by rchuff; 07-18-2018 at 12:06 AM.

My cows , Koi, Dirt bikes, Wood shop etc..........004.jpg June harvest3_0177.JPG 11.jpg IMG_0899.jpg

I agree Lunatic! This is one of only 3 places (besides shopping) that I go on the internet. No Facespace, Instachat, nothing. Never cared for peoples opinions about me or anything else. Thats why I'm here so much haha

Thats actually very impressive TPEHAK, and it begins to explain the oddity that is the TP.

Keep it up airbozo! I've found when you exercise the learning center of the brain, it's all-inclusive. Take apart a lawn mower and learn a new language. Pinstriping is crazy hard to do...

You continue to impress me Nicholas900. I pathetically dabble where you are obviously pro. Beautiful stuff. How do you soundproof a room against that massive Marshall!?!

Wicked, your passion for racing is clear. You're committed... or should be, lol. Tell her not to worry, it's much safer than the street

Smoked meats and aquariums? Could you have a more diverse set of hobbies? I can't imagine combining the 2... and I won't tell you my fish death toll. It's high. Really high

You too Silver, wow. You gotta explain the "etc...." pic!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast