Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diagnosing a leak or two

Hey guys, i was able to clean and ride but not able to get on the forums. I spot where two drips are coming from, but not the exact source so i could use an extra pair of eyes or brains. First two pictures are the front cylinder, the oil seems to be dripping from the fins onto the black support bracket, running down to the front engine mount, and dripping from there. The last picture is the rear cylinder, where a similar magic drip is forming and dropping right onto the exhaust. There is no sign that the top of the cylinder jugs are leaking, nor the pushrod plastic covers.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, my phone sucks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nebulus; 08-02-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Banned
    Pushrod cover o-ring leakage. Prepare for this https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ild-parts-list

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Pushrod cover o-ring leakage. Prepare for this
    After my top end rebuild I had over tightened one of the allen bolts that secure the pushrod plastic cover at the gasket end. This presents itself as an ever so slight leak at high speeds. Not wanting to tear down again for such a small thing I added the proper amount of this product to the oil with immediate success. Recommend not trying to meet torque specs on these particular allen bolts and just feel your way with them.

I believe John featured this product in a fork thread, not sure of that. He will certainly correct me if he disapproves of AT-205 in the motor oil but I bet it will help with some of the OP's problems
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midway; 08-02-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Thank you guys! Could either of you give me a rough estimate into how long the rebuild took?

@ Midway; i will look into that product for the time being. I will definitely tackle the top end, but it's still so nice out, i'd really love to keep riding and push off the rebuild for a little bit!

Banned
    Maybe 4-5 days if you have all necessary parts and tools. If you are going to spend only weekends it will take a few weeks.

Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-06-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12