Thread: Laid it down..help!

Laid it down..help!

Been riding my 05 lightning and loving it! Took a turn too fast and laid it down in a ditch..looks like the motor and everything under the air box is fine just a bit dirty. The seat and rear frame were yanked from the main frame..I知 thinking I値l need a new rear frame and bed for the battery/wiring kit. My question is about a small piece of (something) that sits on top of the rear break pedal cable system just about where my ankle would be. What ever it was must have broken off in the fall. When I turn the key and prime the bike it works just fine..but when I push the start switch that area above the rear break sparks and the bike won稚 start.. not sure what痴 wrong with that..any ideas? Kinda hard to explain with out a picture.

Sounds like the hot wire to your starter is arking off on something.
    Go to www.buellmods.com and down load a service manual for your bike.
    Then start looking into the starter wiring.
    Good luck

IMG_1004.jpg heres a pic

Thats the switch for the rear brake light, If the wires that
    broke off from the switch are isolated, they will not
    impact the starting at all.

Inactive
    your Dudeness: i know how this will play out. you'll respond with "NO...i checked everything thoroughly and blah blah blah". my intention is to save a life here. got that? ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RIDE THIS JUNKER until an expert familiar with either aluminum framed bikes....or a buell expert....or both.........carefully inspects this rig. and that expert is NOT you! how do i know? you don't even know what a master cylinder brake pressure switch is or how to identify one. you crashed with sufficient force to tear the entire sub-frame from the main frame. clearly you have substantial damage and in all likelihood most of it is hidden and beyond cosmetics. do as you please but that's my expert suggestion.

like john said, you better know what your looking at or you might be in trouble down the road even hurt someone else. just my 2 cents

Totally agree. I have a guy I知 taking it to. Just wanted to learn more about the problem here. Thanks everyone