Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buelltooth/Ecmdriod issue with loading race map

Buelltooth/Ecmdriod issue with loading race map

I'm trying to load a race map to my bike through buelltooth/Ecmdroid, far as I can tell I have the race map stored in the correct location according to what I read on line. When I go to load the map, it gives me a "No EEPROM dumps present" Has anybody else had this issue? am I missing a step?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

I have never seen that exact error with ECMDroid, but I know Buelltooth.com has very detailed instructions both in text and video form.

Sounds like it can't find where you put the map.

I got it, for some reason my slow self had a hard time understanding this "Move the EEPROM file you wish to install from your Downloads folder into this same folder so that it will be recognized by EcmDroid."
    Thanks

Glad it worked

I haven't got to test it yet, but hopefully all is well, I'm still getting a lean condition after I changed my fuel pump. I did check for intake leaks but did not find anything. this bike is kind of driving me crazy LOL

Oops! You're trying to fix a lean condition with a Race map???
    Nononononononononono.......

Golden Rule:
    FIX it, THEN modify it.

You will cause more problems doing that Either by masking the real issue, or creating programming issues that aren't there now.

Basic diagnosis for a lean condition is easy and inexpensive, but can be time consuming. I urge you to follow the right path. The dark side is very tempting and easy, but haven't we all seen those movies??

Well when I bought the bike it has a k&n air filter, along with a race exhaust, I am not for sure what map they have in the bike, so I figure I would get the psi correct on the fuel pump, check for intake leaks. and load a race map to it, I guess maybe the only other thing would be clogged injectors.

There's no guessing with diagnosis. For instance, step one:
    How do you know you're "getting a lean condition"?

Something like popping through the exhaust can be caused by lots of things, being lean on deceleration is only one. If the race map stops the popping, it could be fixed. Or it could be mask a problem that still burns holes in your pistons.

I would highly recommend starting at step one but ya never know, even though it's more expensive and takes a lot longer, people get lucky all the time by replacing parts? Good luck

I suggest using the service manual (free) to diagnose the problem, combined with reading the very common "my bike runs lean" threads on here. If that still doesn't help you, you can start a diagnosis thread. There are some very smart, helpful, people who can lead you through the proper diagnosis in here

My bike throws a lean code, I hear you, I'm really trying to get to the root cause of the lean condition. I double check fuel pressure last night and it ran right at 50psi, it ran 50 psi all through the rpm range. I really don't want to take it in to harley because I know they will ring me for $$$ but I might have to go that route. Thanks Cooter for all your help.

A lean code could be an old, lazy O2. Easily checked with your "Live Data" screen on ECMDroid.

Any decent V-twin shop should be able to help you before you hit up a Harley dealer$$ But like I said, some time and help from here will probably get you sorted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast