Thread: Carmo VR

Carmo VR

For my 2009 XB12SCG, anyone use the Carmo 694BU2 VR? According to Carmo its compatible with the '09 stator, it's 2 phase and they say even the 3 phase version BU3 can be used on the '09 models. Im confused, more than normal.
    Here's the link(?):
    https://www.carmo.nl/index.php?main_...85&language=en

2003-2007 inclusive ALL XB's are 3-phase charging systems
    2008-end of production ALL XB's are single-phase charging systems.
    One size VR cannot fit all.

Preach ^^^^

Thank you Barrett for confirming these specs and this is concerning. I was already confused when the sales associate mentioned Mofset and Technic as the type of VR, then the 2 phase spec was introduced into the email conversation. This 2 phase mofset VR 694BU2 is said to be the upgrade of Twinmotorcycles 691 unit slready installed. How does that work? I don't want fry the stator

My pleasure Sir. I don't understand your question so consequently can't answer it.
    2009 ALL stock configured XB model charging systems have a 30 amp AC alternator comprised of the stator and rotor assembly. The system is single-phase. The stock VR is a very reliable, proven robust piece. Part # is Y0302.5A8. Still a few lurking in factory dealer system. Shows original MSRP of $97.40. All XB VR's really should be properly grounded to calm the DC output and prolong lifespan.

Sportster XL & XR1200 VR's also interchange with a simple plug change and minor hardware swap.
    Click my name....scroll to a few of my earliest posts on here and you'll see a brief write-up on how to perform this interchange.

>I don't understand your q so consequently I can't answer it.
    That about sums up my confusion. I just drive around in my cab and wonder aimlessly.
    Joking aside, Carmo website "upgraded" 2 phase and 3 phase VRs for the 09 XB above references part no (Y0302A-02A8). I think this, with the seemingly apparent change in single and 3 phase systems from 07 to 08 XBs created the uncertainty.
    Thanks for clarifying, I'll stick with the Carmo 691+L VR