Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XB misfire at constant RPM cruising (~3500 RPM).

Hello everybody!

New season is about to start here in Finland. Only -5C / 23F in the morning.

Now I have a new set of O-rings at intake manifold and this time I got the rubber intake nozzle right too. Installed a new program (K&N+Jardine) to ECU and calibrated the TPS. Still the bike isn't perfect but it runs better than it did last summer. No backfire, and idle is steady. Now I have a tank full of E98 gasoline with RedLine injector cleaner in it. Lets see if it helps.

fingers crossed

You can easily turn off the CEL if the aftermarket muffler is causing it. That way you will know if theres other issues making it turn on. Check what code you have BEFORE you clear it. I think 21 is for the IEV, IIRC.

ECMDroid is the easiest. Go to ECM parameters/scroll to the bottom and uncheck IEV. ECMspy will do it too if you are better versed wit that program.

I took a short 25miles test-drive and she was promising. I have K&N filter with original muffler. Previous owner did have a Jardine muffler on it. I would like to have it back.

Last edited by wwwili; 04-17-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234