Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XB misfire at constant RPM cruising (~3500 RPM).

Hello everybody!

New season is about to start here in Finland. Only -5C / 23F in the morning.

Now I have a new set of O-rings at intake manifold and this time I got the rubber intake nozzle right too. Installed a new program (K&N+Jardine) to ECU and calibrated the TPS. Still the bike isn't perfect but it runs better than it did last summer. No backfire, and idle is steady. Now I have a tank full of E98 gasoline with RedLine injector cleaner in it. Lets see if it helps.

fingers crossed

You can easily turn off the CEL if the aftermarket muffler is causing it. That way you will know if theres other issues making it turn on. Check what code you have BEFORE you clear it. I think 21 is for the IEV, IIRC.

ECMDroid is the easiest. Go to ECM parameters/scroll to the bottom and uncheck IEV. ECMspy will do it too if you are better versed wit that program.

I took a short 25miles test-drive and she was promising. I have K&N filter with original muffler. Previous owner did have a Jardine muffler on it. I would like to have it back.
    Last edited by wwwili; 04-17-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwili View Post
    Hi

I have this misfire at 2500 rpm cruising. Give it a bit of gas, it runs smoothly. Bike (XB12S '06) has been standing about two years and now been started up again by me. I filled gas tank with a fresh fuel and added some RedLine SI-1. Bike feels a bit smoother but stutter at high rpm but doesn't misfire. Tomorrow i have to check every connection and maybe polish some connection points to ground.

(and sorry about my english)

wwwili
    I have the same problem with my 07Ulysses. It sat for two years before I bought it. 2400 to 3000 rpm it stutters, but no all the time. Sometime is goes a week without a problem, then it is nothing but stutters. I find the problem when cruising around town. At highway speeds there is no issues. How'd yours turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by rep0ck View Post
    I have the same problem with my 07Ulysses. It sat for two years before I bought it. 2400 to 3000 rpm it stutters, but no all the time. Sometime is goes a week without a problem, then it is nothing but stutters. I find the problem when cruising around town. At highway speeds there is no issues. How'd yours turn out?
    i've owned at last count 12 ulysses between 2006 and 2010. every single one of them had that notorious and incredibly annoying mis-fire/stutter in the same approx. rpm range. the solution is:
    1-download and install a generic "race map" with ecmspy or other equivalent software....that's my extent of ecm knowledge.
    2-breather re-route from airbox to "atmosphere".
    3-NGK DCPR8EIX OR DCPR9EIX(which is 1 heat range colder than stock) gapped to approx .035
    4-new OEM or K&N air filter with no airbox mods.
    5-dedicated ground wire from rear-most coil bracket mounting bolt to negative batter cable FRAME ATTACHMENT POINT. NOT to the battery terminal.

works like a charm and a long but easy evening project.

you're welcome.

Last edited by lunaticfringe; Yesterday at 01:16 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234