Thread: Was wondering where i could get some maps.

Was wondering where i could get some maps.

Was just wondering if anyone had any maps for an 07 XB12 SCG. Specifically was wondering if anyone had the Racetune w/ stock exhaust found on the buelltooth website, and a stock map to go back to in case it didn't work out.

I see this question a lot.

If you can't get the maps from Buelltooth because you didn't buy a dongle from them, I know of a trick. They say you need to be in their "customer database" to have access to the free maps they provide. That doesn't mean you have to buy their inexpensive dongle.

If it's not worth buying another $40-ish dongle for a buddy, then just get a t-shirt. That works too!

Unfortunately, I already have a buelltooth version 1. And mailed a picture of it to him. He couldn't find me on his customer list so he wouldn't respond to my inquiries. So much for after sales service. So I refuse to buy another one. Was curious if these would work.

Found the link to these maps on another forum. http://www.primenumbers.org/buell/xb12.html

Was wondering if I could plug the 2006 race ecm map into my 07.

And do these new tunings make a dynoable difference in HP? Or will it just smooth out the bike a bit.
    Last edited by Jarhead2RN; 07-28-2018 at 12:20 AM.

The maps have no year designation, but it is VERY important to match firmware versions.
    ECMDroid won't let you install the wrong map version, but other programs might and that will cause you issues.

ECMDroid will tell you the firmware your ECM has. It's all over the instructions on the Buelltooth site in text and video form.

Definitely a dynoable and noticeable change IF you get the right map for your mods.

If you are unsure of what you are doing remember IDS is a viable plug-n-play option for you. Have fun!

Thanks for the response. I found out that I could back up my map and apply a new one according to the forum. Lucky for me I already use ECM Droid so I guess it is foolproof. My bike performance wise is stock. I plan to do the basic things like put a K&N in and the breather reroute if the previous enthusiast owner didn't do so already, but the exhaust will stay the same as I like how it sounds.

If anyone else is looking for maps here is where I found the ones I will give a try:

http://buellmods.com/
    http://www.primenumbers.org/buell/xb12.html