Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticker/badge/decal placement question

Sticker/badge/decal placement question

I 'treated myself' and got a new flyscreen, and I may have a line on a used cherry bomb airbox cover that's in better shape than the cracked one I currently have.

The flyscreen comes with a sticker/badge/decal unattached, and I also ordered tank "Buell" letters.

Can anyone give me rough dimensions for where to place either/both of these items? e.g. "the flyscreen badge should be 2 cm from the bottom edge and 3 cm from the right edge" or similar?

This is not super important but I don't want to stick them on completely wrong. The tank decals were 42 bucks!

Banned
    I would keep the airbox blank.

If you can work with 3D models I have scanned airbox with decals on it so you can use it for reference.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 07-13-2018 at 05:33 PM.

I didn't buy the decals not to put them on

I can't work with 3d models, thanks.

Can't you copy your old airbox?
    I'd take pics of mine with a tape measure for you but I don't have Buell suckers on mine

my entire bike was debadged by one of its previous owners and the cherry bomb plastics painted black. so no go there

even took the sticker off the handlebar clamp (why?)

someone at some point put a giant pegasus on the tank with what looks like contact paper or vinyl or something (because you can still see the xacto cuts in the tank even after i stripped, sanded and polished it) ... who knows. I'm waiting til i find a better airbox cover than the one i got to put the badges on the tank.

Banned
    Removing stickers and reflectors from motorcycle is the first and the most popular mod. The next most popular mods are removing passenger foot-pegs and belt or chain guards. And finally last from the most popular mods are removing rear fender and mirrors.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 07-14-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Banned
    The picture shows linear dimensions, not along curve. 49 mm is closest linear dimension up to the cover edge. Draw the center line and allocate the stickers symmetrically using caliper.

Last edited by TPEHAK; 07-14-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Wow, I was able to do that without a three D printer, I guess, I still got it !

The only observation I have is that, teabag's line does not go through the center of the rear fastener hole of the gas cap, could the 3D printer be off ?
    Last edited by njloco; 07-14-2018 at 01:59 PM.

TPEHAK, that actually helps, thanks!

I eyeballed the flyscreen badge based on google images results and it looks ok. Having new plastic on there makes the rest of the plastic look like arse, by the way...

flyscreen-new.jpg

Hi Tpehak,

What have you modelled that tank in? Did you do a whole XB? Also, what did you scan it with?

Looks great.

Cad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast