Thread: 2009 ullysses XT new owner

2009 ullysses XT new owner

Hi all,
    End of May I flew out west ,picked up my "new" Buell and rode it back home to Ontario. What a rocket ship on the highway
    and in the twisties , I love it. For a short wheelbase it is surprisingly smooth.

Not so much love in stop and go traffic, first gear too high as I have read. But that's OK as I'll use it mostly for touring ,will have to find something else for around town. The last H-D product I owned was in the "70's and all I have to say is "wow, light , nimble , fast".

Anyways , I bought it because it had low mileage , was well maintained and wasn't mechanically messed with (eg: exhaust , computer, etc.) . It did however come with a custom sort of graphics called hydro-dip with a "lost souls" motif on the front fender , chin fairing , tank cover , bikini fairing ,bags and trunk . It's well done but I'm over 60 and I'm passed that sort of thing.

So ....if anyone here would like to do a swap I can meet you half way or we can let the Postal service do the traveling.

thanks

ps: as soon as I figure out how to post a pic ,I will . Or send me your e-mail address and I'll send you pics.

First off welcome, that being said, the members will come on and say, " without pics, it never happened "
    I'm well over 60 and can't go fast enough !
    Yes, it's a rocket ship for the first 8th of a mile after that, it's a sloth at least compared to my Triumph but, still so great to ride it doesn't have to be fast.

Good luck with it.

Congrats on the new-to-you bike! I'm in the same boat so we can be newbies together! Whereabouts in Ontario are you located?

Thanks , will try and post pics . I'm in Thunder Bay ,ON. buell 1.jpg

Ok ...I think I got it . I know there are faster bikes (I've had some) but this one is very enjoyable on the highway. Loves to pass everybody ,reasonably comfortable and returns good fuel mileage to boot. These are pics from the previous owner , since then I've added an extension to the windshield (no more buffeting), wrapped the pipes with heat wrap and tie wrapped an insulated pad for my inner thigh on the right frame/tank to reduce the amount of heat toasting my leg.buell 2.jpg

I'm over 60 and I kind of like it, reminds me of Paisley from the late 60's and seventies, very different.