Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Harleys?

You might even get all of that!

Except the price

First they have to build it. Captain America's Live Wire debuted in the 2015 Avengers film, still no Live Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You might even get all of that!

Except the price
    exactly! 140hp no prob! the V-rod 1250 was making 125 and had a ton of potential. decent torque: 1250cc's no prob. Under 450: maybe not under, but close . good electronics i.e. modern dashboard, a wheelbase that'll give it some flickability, a great exhaust tone: all easy peasy! fair price... Quote Harley Executives, " Define a "FAIR" price" lol I'd guess 16k for the cruiser, 18k for the street fighter and close to 20k for the Pan America. Which will make it uncompeditive as all hell. I hope I'm wrong!

“Uncompetitive as all hell”

That’s what Harley does best!

In my opinion, the irony of all this is that if they had stuck it out with Erik they’d be ahead of the game at this point. They had a foothold in these markets with Buell motorcycles, NOW they’re trying to do what Harley is constantly doing, playing catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    exactly! 140hp no prob! the V-rod 1250 was making 125 and had a ton of potential. decent torque: 1250cc's no prob. Under 450: maybe not under, but close . good electronics i.e. modern dashboard, a wheelbase that'll give it some flickability, a great exhaust tone: all easy peasy! fair price... Quote Harley Executives, " Define a "FAIR" price" lol I'd guess 16k for the cruiser, 18k for the street fighter and close to 20k for the Pan America. Which will make it uncompeditive as all hell. I hope I'm wrong!
    LoL those fools over seas have been wasting their time and money at WSBK, AMA and MotoGP.

Harley is gonna git er done!

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    First they have to build it. Captain America's Live Wire debuted in the 2015 Avengers film, still no Live Wire.
    Announced for the 2019 lineup. As well as several other electric only models to follow.

Waiting to see the spec's before I get excited

Hi all,

Back to the V-rod--I traded in my Aprilia mille sport bike for one back in 2013 or so. I was, initially, hooked on the V--smooth as can be and gobs of power, plus lots of real estate.

On my first road trip though, I soon started hating it--main reason, I am not a cruiser type of guy. The feet forward riding position soon became super stupid--after about 85 or so, the wind would blow your feet right off the pegs, after 100 it was impossible to hang on --silly.

In the mountains I felt right away that if I didn't sell it right away I would be dead. Terrible ground clearance. the heels of your boots would be the first thing to drag and the corners of the rad would be next.

I am sport, or at least sport touring orientated and the V was just unacceptable as an all around road bike.

Opto

Chapter 2 V-rod

So I was deeply conflicted. Love hate--Try to contact HD sometime, what a labyrinth!!!. I just wanted to make some inputs/suggestions about what I thought would be a better V-rod--like talking into an empty mine shaft.

If Erik B had taken the V-Rod and worked his magic we would have the ultimate American Sport Tourer--Anyone know what happened to the V-Rod tooling and all that--what a great opportunity missed.

Opto

opto: I felt exactly the same about my V-rod... why such a great drivetrain on a bike you can't really enjoy it on? The only real fun i had on that bike was banging the rev limiter and dropping the clutch from a stop light, that was a RIOT!

I like them, they look great.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast