Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Headlight

LED Headlight

Anyone fitted any LED headlights yet. - Just looking on the net at the bulbs and they seem to be either LEDs on the the upper and lower surface or on all four sides. With my XB12s I do have two reflectors so I guess cutoff at the top is not an issue (certainly don't want to dazzle oncoming drivers). I know the actual LEDs give off very little heat, but the associated electronics do and in most cases come with a fan - how much heat are we talking about here?

Hi, I have also been looking into doing this. The problem is that most if not all of the LED replacements I have seen have a rather large base on them and I don't think they will fit in that tight space. If anyone has had experience with this mod please chime in. Thanks

I don't know about the NON Firebolt bikes but the current LED lights are to long to work without hitting the wiring. I use HID's

Like Wally said, Hids work well on firebolts and have heard of guys using them on lightnings to. I have the 35 watt ones witch use less current.
    Last edited by rchuff; 08-03-2018 at 10:09 PM.

I have had good results with these, easy install. https://www.xenonhids.com/low-beam-h...yABEgKHqfD_BwE

led2.jpg

^^^^°I am a cheap bastard an would never spend that much on 2 bulbs but that's me.

rchuff, My VR was popping my bulbs almost ever ride, so the LEDs were cheaper than a VR . LOL I am cheap and lazy .

I am very happy with LEDs on my Uly. I got them from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They can be installed with the diodes facing vertically or horizontally. Horizontal produces a MUCH more focused and properly-cutoff beam pattern. I did have to cut access holes through the rubber covers on the back of the light housing, but the fans fit back there without issue. You can also get LEDs without heatsink fans, but I'm not sure if longevity suffers.

Just added an LED for low beam on my 12ss! fits just fine. I cut the stock rubber boot to fit around the base of the led bulb for the fan . it is close to the forks. but is ok. got mine from amazon for 19.99.

I just swapped an LED into my low beam as well. I'll do the high beam once the LED prooves itself reliable. Dont want to lose both headlights in the middle of the night should it now be reliable. Bulb used from amazon "Cougar Motor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H7-7,200Lm 6000K Cool White CREE - 3 Year Warranty"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast