Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DIY: ZTL2 Front Brake Air Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    [color="#0000cd"]
    what have you done yourself to keep buell alive?
    well let's see now: Have helped hundreds if not thousands of board members diagnose problems....source parts....provided advice and counsel....provided impossible-to-find part numbers.....checked factory inventories for parts availabilities.
    Have shipped parts overseas on numerous occasions to board members who could not source them locally...all at dealer cost.
    Have given away free new and used parts....clothing....gear....tickets to motorcycle events.....endless goodies.
    Sell oem and aftermarket parts at a few percentage points over dealer cost to help out board members on a tight budget. Some of those sales even fell into the category of "pay me when you get the money".
    Have sold approx. 15 mint condition low mileage buells to board members at extremely fair prices.
    But that's just me.

^^^^^^^^^ yes!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^

I like looks of the scoop, but that's a very subjective comment TPEHAK.

It would take 'quality' (as Mr. Pirsig meant it) empirical, evidence that it not only cools the brake, but that the cooling effect actually increases brake performance at a 'street' level.

1: IMO 99.89% of XB owners will never get a well maintained stock rotor and EBR HH pads hot enough to experience brake fade. Ever.

I come from a time where bolt-on additions to vehicles were pathetic assumptions and untested. Most actually de-creasing performance.
    Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 11.15.43 AM.jpg
    2: You like to post about 'turbulent air around the wheels' so lets see some testing that the airflow to the caliper is actually increased vs. no scoop. It could actually be fun!

Banned
    There is very simple method to test it. Just install IR camera focused on the brake disk and brake with and without the scoop and see the temperature difference.

very nice... ill throw one of these on my HP printer tonight and try it out!

Banned
    Great! Please post results.

I will also try it out with PETG. Thank you for sharing the details man! To be honest, I don't think I will need it, but is sure looks COOL! I'll post some pictures here and on the FB page when finished!

Banned
    Cool, I'd like to see your results.

Here is brake air scoop for Buell XBRR

Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-08-2018 at 04:39 AM.

FYI That is the John Player tribute bike built by NCCR, the XBRR had a normal shaped front fender and no scoop.

So that’s cool and all but scoops are made for the ZTL2.. make one for the ZTL brake set up and really impress us..

And the spoke wheels are sexy as hell on these bikes.

Banned
    ZTL2 is such better than ZTL that there is no need to do airscoop for ZTL, just upgrade your caliper to ZTL2 and print this airscoop for your new brake.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast