Thread: Holy sh!tsnacks v2.0 (the car version)

Holy sh!tsnacks v2.0 (the car version)

So, my Cayman is turning 10 years old this month and I was thinking about something new...

Like them or not.... holy moly!

0-60 in 1.9 seconds? In a car?

250+ mph?!?!?!

https://www.tesla.com/roadster

We are truly in the dawn of a new age is such a good way. The next step I'm really excited about is manufacturing battery is a much more friendly way.

Check out Carbon Tube battery tech! You can make a car body or frame (or motorcycle frame) out of it and had ridiculously fast charging rates, like 2 minutes to 60% fast.
    Last edited by Cooter; 08-07-2018 at 04:58 AM.

I'm not a fan of all this new fangled e-car/bike/motorcycle stuff... but what they are doing with it is amazing. It truly is a remarkable time, whether I like it or not. LOL.

I agree about battery tech becoming more eco friendly, and am happy to see the lead acid batteries going away.

Lead-acid batteries are the least of our worries

As impressive as Li-Po and Li-Ion are, they are terribly wasteful to make, and also changing countries economies rapidly.

I'm down for the electric revolution. This is just the beginning. The battery conversation is actually pretty deep as Cooter alludes to. They certainly aren't free energy as some seem to think. It takes a lot of energy and fuel to make them. And then to dispose of them creates an entirely different problem.

One thing worth mentioning is while that Tesla has blistering performance, it's short lived due to heat and battery discharge. I was reading an article that was an argument against calling it a super car, and the point was that it would need to make it around the Nürburgring track once in full power. Apparently after a few minutes it drops into low power mode due to battery heat.

But it's a hell of a start for electric.

That's a great point Nicholas900. We see the specs for e-vehicles and our brains assume they are a constant (as in a dinosaur fuelled vehicle), but they are not.

A staggering 0-60 time is great but if you can only do it once?? Fail.

Cars like the Porsche and McLaren P-1 are the current top dog to use e-motors as additional torque adders down low and the performance is equally staggering...

"current....." snicker....