Thread: My new to me 04' XB12R

My new to me 04' XB12R

I picked up a 2004 Buell XB12R a few months back. On the first day I hit some gravel, and then the ground. This left me with a dent on the right side of the frame, a broken front fairing support bracket, a smashed blinker, and a bent clip-on. After repairing these things within a week of the spill I was back up and going. About a month ago now someone backed into it. Breaking, a mirror, the same blinker I already replaced, bending that same clip-on and denting the headers. I have repaired all the damage except the dent to the header, which I am ordering soon. The previous owner had made a few changes like installing the tail and seat from the lightning model XB. I have since installed the Firebolt seat per the users manual. He also had these flame decals on the frame that left a faint ghosted flame across both sides of the frame. You can only see it in certain light but its pretty bad. I think I will try to bondo/all-metal the dent in the frame and then hit it with a fresh coat of paint this winter. I am very excited for all my projects to come! I am currently looking for another front wheel in Amber as well if anyone has one. Has anyone ever used bondo on their frame?
    Snapchat-308621321.jpg
    Snapchat-1010576563.jpg
    Snapchat-661896902.jpg
    IMG_34551.jpg
    This is a photo that was a part of the listing for the bike when I bought it. Showing the original tail.
    00a0a_19lI1aSkJPK_600x450.jpg

Any suggestions or tips for a new Buell XB owner would be great!

I fixed a small frame dent in a friends frame with JB weld. After smoothing and shaping I ran a skim of spot puddy on it. It worked out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I fixed a small frame dent in a friends frame with JB weld. After smoothing and shaping I ran a skim of spot puddy on it. It worked out great.
    JB weld was invented for Buell repairs!! LOL

Here is a picture of the ghosting and the dent. Sorry the photos of the bike are not close ups. After some more TLC I will update with close ups.
    This photo is from the day I bought the bike, unfortunately I put that dent in it on my way home.
    IMG_20180428_193800.jpg

Last edited by TomRides; 08-07-2018 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Clarity & Grammar