Thread: 05 12ss power still on with key off!!!

05 12ss power still on with key off!!!

My 05 12ss has developed an electrical gremlin. I can turn the key all the way off and the headlights, tail lights, fuel pump and started will continue to work. Theinstrumanet cluster does go off with the key off though. Only way to get it to stop is to pull the battery ground. Dont think this is related but i am also having fuel pump internal wiring issues. When i turn the key on the fuel pump primes for 3 sec then sounds like it is running at half voltage. Fuel pump replacent is on the list to replace. Have an old walbro 255 pump from an pold mustang.
    I am thinking ignition switch maybe?

If you think it is the key switch, there are contacts in there, It is not a serviceable part, But if you are handy with tools it can be taken apart cleaned and lubed and put back together, My o8 power would go off on its own, it was the switch contacts were ugly looking 600 paper & lubed reassembled worked great. you can test it with a ohm meter see it disconnects current in the off position before you tear into it.

When I first posted it never showed up. So I reposted. Well then they both showed up.