Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram/Phone mount ideas and solutions.

Ram/Phone mount ideas and solutions.

I recently purchased a Ram mount with the fork stem base for my XB12R. Unfortunately it is not compatible with the bike. Does anyone have pictures of how they mounted their phone/ram mount? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I saw a user on here Maas562 used to sell a mounting plate but he has been dark on the forum.

I have been looking for a solution to use on both my bikes. GSX-R1000 and the Buell. I look forward to seeing what everybody uses.

I like the fork tube mount ones here: https://www.rokform.com/pages/motorcycle-mounts

Quad lock #1

+1 for the quad lock. Clean, small, and some have an extra safety release thing

I took the plug out of mount for mirrors on the clip-ons and used that for gps or phone mount. You just have to get a bolt.
    Last edited by rchuff; 08-08-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Am I the only one that likes to be away from my phone when riding? Really blows my mind when I see people dicking with their phone on a motorcycle going down the road. Even on long trips I just study a map and verify I'm on course at fuel stops.

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    Am I the only one that likes to be away from my phone when riding? Really blows my mind when I see people dicking with their phone on a motorcycle going down the road. Even on long trips I just study a map and verify I'm on course at fuel stops.
    You set the GPS before getting on the bike and glance down every once in a while when the road is open and straight or you are at a light. Definitely not trying to type/touch while riding. I like to use WAZE GPS because it also alerts you to police lying in wait.

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    Who the hell said they were dicking with their phone?
    He was asking about a Ram mount for GPS . At least that was the way I took it. And by the way I have seen people who ride and are on their phone and they are idiots.
    Last edited by rchuff; 08-08-2018 at 09:44 PM.

I don't feel mounting the phone on the bike is the best option in my opinion.
    If you are involved in an accident your phone will be thrown around with the bike. Assuming it survives, you can be sure it isn't near your body when you come to a stop. I keep mine in my jacket pocket so it stays with me should I have a get off. I understand I could break it in a tumble, but I think my chances of its survival is increased. I get the convenience of GPS, but it doesn't take long to get it out of your pocket to have a look when you stop for gas. One thing I have thought about doing is using an old (or cheap) android phone just for the GPS purpose. That provides you with 2 devices capable of making emergency calls should the need arise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast