Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram/Phone mount ideas and solutions.

^^^^^^^ EXACTLY what I do. My phone stays zipped up inside my jacket for that sole purpose. If I get off I'll be able to call emergency services like you said if the phone survives the get off.

Quote Originally Posted by badmotorscooter View Post
    I don't feel mounting the phone on the bike is the best option in my opinion.
    If you are involved in an accident your phone will be thrown around with the bike. Assuming it survives, you can be sure it isn't near your body when you come to a stop. I keep mine in my jacket pocket so it stays with me should I have a get off. I understand I could break it in a tumble, but I think my chances of its survival is increased. I get the convenience of GPS, but it doesn't take long to get it out of your pocket to have a look when you stop for gas. One thing I have thought about doing is using an old (or cheap) android phone just for the GPS purpose. That provides you with 2 devices capable of making emergency calls should the need arise.
    IMO it's more dangerous to keep the phone, or any item, on your person.
    Last edited by GregoXB; 08-08-2018 at 11:11 PM.

It flat out is dangerous, one more thing that can possibly puncture you. I will 100% roll those dice though and hopefully be able to make that dreaded call if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    It flat out is dangerous, one more thing that can possibly puncture you. I will 100% roll those dice though and hopefully be able to make that dreaded call if need be.
    I agree, you gotta chose between two evils. I'm betting on, since everyone, even my technologically impaired father, has a phone on them, someone will make the call for you, unless you are really off the map somewhere in pitch black.

This is what I'm running. I am using the bicycle mount actually for extra low profile:

WIN_20180808_19_14_44_Pro.jpgWIN_20180808_19_16_54_Pro.jpgWIN_20180808_19_15_21_Pro.jpgWIN_20180808_19_21_48_Pro.jpg

Yes, I know, my gas cap is upside down. Just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    Even on long trips I just study a map and verify I'm on course at fuel stops.
    Oh sure, but aren't you on an island??

haha

Banned
    I use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Works with no issues.

But motorcycle vibration damages phone camera. So if you care about your phone camera I would not recommend you to mount your phone on the bar.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-09-2018 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    Who the hell said they were dicking with their phone?
    He was asking about a Ram mount for GPS . At least that was the way I took it. And by the way I have seen people who ride and are on their phone and they are idiots.
    I didn't accuse anyone here. I said it really blows my mind when I see it much the same as you pointed out. I was just asking the group if I'm the only one that likes to be away from their phonewhen they ride. Believe it or not it doesn't cause me anxiety to not look at it for hours at a time. No matter how you want to spin it though its a distraction that takes you away from the road.

For the record the OP did not say GPS he said phone which I do realize is the best GPS device. I also assumed it was for GPS but you never know if people cant live without their notifications. I really like waze on the interstates but I never ride my motorcycle on the superslab anyway so the cop benefit is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Oh sure, but aren't you on an island??

haha
    Lol not quite, just a really big peninsula.

Banned
    No need for phone holder

Everything in moderation boys, everything in moderation....

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    I use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Works with no issues.

But motorcycle vibration damages phone camera. So if you care about your phone camera I would not recommend you to mount your phone on the bar.
    I don't know if this would be a viable solution for the Firebolts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast