Thread: 2008 xb12 opinions please

2008 xb12 opinions please

So today I went to see this bike, it has 12000 miles, it has been drop on both sides, the left chassis puck is crimped, the header is pushed in on the forward cylinder about 1/4" in and the scratch is about 1.5" round, handle bar is bent on both sides from the drops, the worst is there is oil on top of the gearbox on the left hand side which means the rear cylinder is leaking oil. there also an oil leak in the oil cooler area, needs front brakes and the bike was warm when I got there. The idle was very stable right at 1000 rpm, no strange ticking or noises from the engine,the oil needs changing and needs a front tire also. From what I was able to pick up in the 20 minute I was there I'm thinking $2800. What do you guys think?

forgot to mention the check engine light is on also.

Inactive
    i'm thinking $280. considering its history and the "gearbox oil" you mentioned in all likelihood it went down and went down hard and stayed down for a bit resulting in primary fluid exiting the vent, traveling up the vent tube and onto the top of the rear portion of the engine case. bike sounds like garbage. there's some nice XB's out there with clean titles and no crash damage in the 3K range. do as you please but i'd keep looking. see link. ya i know....you're not anywhere near NJ and want a 12 but this is an example of what i'm talking about.............

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Buell-...+buell+xb.TRS0

good point lunatic, I know I'm not close to anything, but I don't mind traveling for the right bike. after seeing the first 2 bikes on ebay, the bike I saw is more a $2600 bike after checking the replacement parts price. thx

What is your location, I'm sure peeps round' here can find you one in better shape with the quickness.

kansas, ks

Thanks guys, really appreciate it

I live in Columbia Mo. I'll keep an eye out for you.