Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headers temperature ?

Headers temperature ? (Ceramic Coating is done)

Hi all,

I am planning on doing a ceramic coating on my headers and exhaust. I believe I am going to have it done in black. Unfortunatly, after a black ceramic coating, the headers can go up to 900C (1650F) whereas it can go up to 1400C (2550F) if I have it done in white.
    So I was wondering how hot the header can go on an XB9. Thanks !
    Last edited by Niklos; 03-10-2019 at 02:17 PM.

exhaust header surface temps ALWAYS hotter than EGT(exhaust gas temp). so-called "tuners" say they like to see EGT of approx. 950-1050 degrees fahrenheit during fairly moderate engine loading for both sportsters and v-rods. this is measured center-of-pipe and 5 inches or so downstream from the exhaust port. NO reason buell XB temps should be much different. i can't think of a conventional riding or atmospheric scenario that would yield header temps even approaching what you listed. you should be fine with either color.
    Last edited by lunaticfringe; 08-16-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Cool ! Thanks ! Then it will be black !

Hi everyone. If everything goes the way it is plane, the coating should be done by the end of february ! I'll post some picture once it's done !

Quote Originally Posted by Niklos View Post
    Hi everyone. If everything goes the way it is plane, the coating should be done by the end of february ! I'll post some picture once it's done !
    Not done yet, actually, the headers and mufflers wills be shipped to the guy tomorrow. But I wanted to post some picture of how it looks like now :

Everything has been sanded. The muffler definitly looks better but needs to go to the boilermaker... And 150€ to add sadly... But it will look like a brand new one ! As a new muffler costs like 700€ in France. It is still a good deal !

I can't wait to see it finished !

Here it is !

Before :

After :

Looks great !

Looks good !

thanks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast