Thread: Aftermarket Levers that aren't death traps?

Aftermarket Levers that aren't death traps?

I've heard/read stories of people installing aftermarket levers only to find that the specifications are slightly off from OE and can lead to issues like sticking calipers, etc.

Has anybody successfully installed aftermarket levers without modification to their Lightning that they can attest to?

You just have to check the clearance if you get a set. It is literally a 1/16"-1/32" off and can easily be ground down. I did so after my lever locked up my front caliper. Just check to see if it contacts the piston for the master cylinder, you need just a hair clearance.

The ones I purchased said they fit Buell xb and they did. They marched up perfectly against the OEM ones. They are Shorties and I love them. I found mine on eBay.
    Last edited by rchuff; 08-16-2018 at 10:48 PM.

I got two sets off of eBay, one set tried to kill me and the other set was fine....lol. Gotta love Chinese eBay stuff.

Pass on Ebay.... if you value your safety...
    Go for pazzo, asv, etc.

Had an ebay set, and they were great - but I'm really glad I moved to ASV levers eventually. Sounds like a crapshoot with the ebay collection...

Ebay, $25, fit great, work great, look great

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Had an ebay set, and they were great - but I'm really glad I moved to ASV levers eventually. Sounds like a crapshoot with the ebay collection...
    ASV, Pazzo, CRG, etc work fine out of the box in your experience?

My Ebay set, which came on my bike tried to kill me by causing my front to lock up in traffic. That is when I researched it and found out about the issue. I got a stock lever off of Ebay.

Funny enough, I got a Suzuki Bandit that had a similar issue with a lever that came with it. But instead of locking up the front brake, is was triggering the brake light even when it wasn't being applied. I actually used the Ebay lever off my Buell that I had put on the parts shelf.