Thread: slipper clutch

slipper clutch

I wonder what a slipper clutch would cost for my xb9sx? and would any special tools be needed to install?
    i've owned a lot of sport bikes but this xb9 is my first buell and I found out pretty quick that I had to get used to rev matching when down shifting because the engine braking can be kind of harsh.

Inactive
    TM....Zippers....EBR for your "slipper" clutch. list varies between $1099 and $1300 plus freight.
    throwing a $1200 part @ a $3000 bike is just plain stupid especially when it's unnecessary.
    just have a guru map your ecm for a tad more fuel on decel and you won't have that problem.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 08-19-2018 at 12:51 PM.

There might be a way you can try what Lunatic is saying, without the mythical (and where I live, non-existent) guru.
    There is a programming option inside the ECM to enable or disable something called 'Deceleration fuel cut' . If enabled it cuts all fuel on decelelleration and make the bike engine brake more fiercely.
    When I enabled this (was disabled as I got the bike) I found it made the throttle response too jerky esp. at low speed. Disabling and it richens up the deceleration just like Lunatic says to do.
    It may be enabled on your machine and you can disable it at the click of an (android) cellphone button with ECM Droid, or a computer button with EcmSpy.
    You need to get one or other of these anyway if you plan on keeping the Buell any time. I like EcmDroid for its ease of use and inability to brick the ECM with any dumb changes I might make.
    That way you can check whether richening the mix slightly helps.
    If you still want a slipper clutch that's OK too. Who ever said what we do with motorbikes had to make economic sense.
    I call it 'the price of contentment' - jv

thanks for the advise and I do have ecmSpy on my lap top and have run a tps reset already, Ill look some time this week to see if that option is enabled and if so disable it and see how it works out.