Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About to pull the trigger on an 1125CR

About to pull the trigger on an 1125CR

Looking very seriously at an 1125CR. Plan on going out one evening to look at a CR with cash in hand. The price is good, I think the seller is motivated. I want a heads up for things to look for. I have read about the clutch slave cylinder weeping fluid. Seems like a straight forward fix. The burnt up sator looks like its a little trickier to look for. If the battery is charging at 14.5votls i assume the sator and VR are working but there is no visual way of telling if the sator and rotor has been swapped out. Any suggestions. I messaged the owner about the two issues and he played dumb... Not sure if he's avoiding the question or seriously doesn't know. The price is good enough, assuming the bike is in good shape, free from; scratches, dents, etc and has expected wear; tires, brakes, battery I could afford to do the sator/rotor fix and be ahead of the game. The bike has 30,000 KMS or 20,000 Miles. Anything else I should look for or ask about? How expensive is replacing the water pump? (I'm handy with a wrench and do my own work, I'm a buell owner after all !!!)

Cant check for the "oiling rotor" without pulling the cover. You can see if the harness fix was done that was more of a stopgap that lowered charging to keep the stator from overheating. Check out this video he runs through what the harness looks like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBYEYGJfyBw

Both 1125's I've owned had the clutch weep its a easy fix.

Look for the procedure to test the stator, pretty straightforward you need a multimeter; here's a link to a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oag9bKcJUM0

Wondering if you pulled the trigger on the 1125cr. Pick up my cr in a week and a half to go with the 12R and X1, EBR is too much for me at my age but have my eye on a low mile 97S1

PeteChris1.jpg
    Last edited by XBPete; 08-25-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Sitting in a parking lot for an hour waiting for the guy to show up......

Nice bike but the rider has let the care of the plastic slip. I’m sure a little polishing compound or magic restoration product would make it look like new. Surprised that the swing arm has no boot scuffs. Owner made a homemade HAWK style exhaust modification. I think I want a specimen in better shape.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-tasteful-mods

Sounds well taken care of and reasonable to boot!

Sorry to hear that it was not a great example, some really nice ones around, mine has 1100 miles, much better than new, gotta get a Dean Adams pipe w/ECM and a CF hugger, thinking about taking the Brembo RCS 19 off of my XB12r and replacing clutch master with Brembo but other than that, she is all there, lots of American Sportbike Carbon.

Hope ya find one, Onecraig's has a bunch here in the States, if you need a US destination for delivery, I am in NY not to far from Cornwall and would be glad to help you out.

http://www.onecraigs.com/craigslist-...buell%201125cr

Pete
    Last edited by XBPete; 09-03-2018 at 01:02 PM.

There are two fine CR’s in the golden horse shoe area, the so-so one dropped to $3,500 CND, that’s about $100.00 USD. He’s as motivated to sell as I am to buy!

It's ridiculous how cheap these machines can be purchased used for... my '09 1125CR is easily the most dialed motorcycle I have ever owned, absolutely no regrets with it whatsoever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast