Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Uly hiccup

That's a nice fuel tap. Well made by Kent Moore.

True confessions time--In this instance I am not going to do the fuel pump repair myself. There is a new small motorcycle shop in town, they do good work and are reasonable.

I am kind of busy these days and just want the work done. Reading about the monkey business to get the V-6 Mustang pump to work, chasing down fuel filters and O-rings it seems that, considering hourly rates and all, that best move is to purchase a new unit from SP Harley. The unit is complete and ready to go including O-rings. $360 is a heavy hit but makes sense against a used one from ebay or piecing one together and paying the shop rate to do that.

Yes I will make sure all the diagnostics are performed before tearing into it. I can always rebuild the old one later and have as a spare.

I am guessing 3 hours for the job.

Thanks again to all for the kind help--will let you know the outcome of all this.

Opto

Not for nothing but, you could have figured this out four pages ago !

Well, Loco, sorry to appear insecure but frankly I was stumped for awhile. Actually all the results are not in yet so still some mystery. Stranded on the side of a very busy road not understanding what is wrong was very stressful for me. Sorry I am not a tough guy like some. Even fellow forum guys had different opinions--check the grounds, could be this could be that. I decided it was fuel related and have had some support for that theory. Reading and understanding as much as I can on the subject trying to get a handle on all the permutations. All new terrain for me.

I will let you know the outcome when I know it.

Opto

Take a deep breath. Possibly a time out in a safe zone. All better now. Ok.

That is real helpful, Outlaw--what do you know, really? You should go drink a latte with Tbag

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234