Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uly hiccup

Lunatic,

I apologize for my lack of precision in writing. I installed the ECM from Kevin Drummer, along with the new SS exhaust, over 3 years and 5000+ miles ago. There have been zero issues with the bike since then except it is on the noisy side.

Opto

Visually checking the grounds is a big mistake, you have to take them off and clean everything, no matter what they look like. It's one of the easiest things to rule out.

NJ--I hear you on the grounds--yes they all look good, are nice and clean and secure. This bike is very pristine, no dirt or funkiness anywhere.

Reporting as promised--I drove 40 miles to work this morning, cool, foggy and smoky--every thing normal--no stutters, hiccups. Will see how things go this evening on the ride home.

Later today, Well knock wood and all that but the ride home was normal in that the bike ran fine. Mystery unresolved so it turns into a little nag.

I am starting to think there was a speck of dirt or water that got into the fuel--all very odd.

Thanks for all the inputs and will let you know if there are further chapters

Opto

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    Later today, Well knock wood and all that but the ride home was normal in that the bike ran fine. Mystery unresolved so it turns into a little nag.

I am starting to think there was a speck of dirt or water that got into the fuel--all very odd.

Thanks for all the inputs and will let you know if there are further chapters

Opto
    still......i wouldn't trust it on a trip. i hate the mechanical "unknown".
    do as you please but if it were me at the very least i'd remove key switch AND ignition relays....THOROUGHLY clean the fusebox female connections each one plugs into.....AND replace the relays. they're identical. see my 1st response. total of $12 for peace of mind and carry the originals for spares. AND pull your fault codes.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 08-24-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Well, Ha Ha on me-- riding to work today on the Uly, had a total flame out. Had to get the Mrs to rescue me. All it does now is restart runs a second or so and dies. Acting very like a fuel pump or a fuel pump relay. Anyway, I will retrieve the bike later today, get it home and try to sort it out.

First time I ever had a bike die on me and that is after mucho miles on all kinds of bikes.

Opto

Banned
    Trust me, Buell keeps more bad surprises for you, stay alert.

Banned
    It is not acceptable for motorcycle to be such unreliable, now the poor guy has to troubleshoot these issues. He paid money not to dig in to this machine, he paid money to ride it.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-24-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Your a f__king idiot ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !
    Last edited by njloco; 08-25-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Look everyone, just calm down about TBag, just ignore him if what he says doesn't jibe with your
    reality. You know, work around. We have bigger fish to fry then get all bent out of shape over the guy.

OK--so I got some muscley guys from work to help me load the Uly into the truck this afternoon. Just prior to that, I tried a start up--This is 8 hours after the total conk out. Darn thing just flashed right up and ran like a dream. This should be a big clue to you guys that are tons smarter then me on these matters.

I am guessing fuel pump relay, if there is such a thing.

Love all you guys, wish we could all get together and empty a keg and burn up a bunch of New York steaks.

Opto

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast