Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uly hiccup

Banned
    Fuel fouled spark plugs. Probably leaking injectors or injectors o-rings. When you let the motorcycle sit for short period of time residual pressure in fuel line squeezes some fuel for some time and if you start motorcycle after this it will stall due to wet plugs. If you wait long period of time the pressure in fuel line is completely released, no fuel dripping and the plugs are dry and work normally.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-25-2018 at 02:09 AM.

Tbag you dont have a clue. Go f yourself.

All, the drama goes on--I can not agree with the Bag as the bike had been starting and running just fine. I talked with Cooter and my local wizard, both agree it is something to do with fuel supply. Funky fuel pump, frayed wire to the fuel pump, blocked up filter on the fuel pump, the reg on the fuel pump.

Cooter mentioned the V-6 Mustang fuel pump was a good fix and way cheaper. Does anyone recall any specifics about that? I searched but did not find.

Next, to tear into it but want all the parts at hand before that happens.

Opto

Banned
    In will run fine with dry plugs.

Opto, you have enough time to type novels, dig in my ass about my decisions and opinions in life, how i should up my car insurance but you can't even find a fuel pump replacement kit????? C'mon man.......EBAY!!!!!! Maybe complain about me to the mods and they can throw me outta here!

Hey Chop, I mean you no ill will at all--just trying for some perspective. No way would I complain about you. Of course I can find a replacement, just wanted the info on the Mustang cross over pump and what had to be modified to make it work---that is the purpose of this forum isn't it.

Opto

Try this:

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...cement-from-HD

The first thing I would do personally is rig up a fuel pressure gauge and ride it until it quits. https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-on-our-buells Then you'll have something concrete. Otherwise it's just a guessing game.
    Last edited by nicholas900; 08-26-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Nicholas900,

Hey that is terrific help. I had found part of that write up(10%) but not the whole thing. I also found a YouTube for the whole job but doesn't cover the details in your link. Thanks so much.

Now to get all the bits organized and do the work.

Turns out I have 22,000+ miles on the 09 Uly--must be a lot of junk in there by now. Maybe after this job I will have the nerve to fix the sender on my EBR which has never worked since day 1. It would be great to have an actual working low fuel light instead of having to depend on my odometer--It is going to catch me out sometime.

Opto

Opto

If you want to check your fuel pressure, here's a pre-made splitter.

https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buel...25-models-l19d

Doesn't come with a pressure gauge, so hit this link next. https://www.google.com/search?q=fuel...w=2560&bih=954

That's a nice fuel tap. Well made by Kent Moore.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast