Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine light followed by clutch cable disengaging

I just heard from the mechanic. It’s the primary cover that needs to be replaced. I’ll have more information once I see him in person.. can anyone suggest whereI find this part with a gasket for a 2009 model? Thanks

PS I think lunatic fringe was right.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by xlntcfp View Post
    I just heard from the mechanic. It’s the primary cover that needs to be replaced. I’ll have more information once I see him in person.. can anyone suggest whereI find this part with a gasket for a 2009 model? Thanks

PS I think lunatic fringe was right.
    the 2009 XT FACTORY installed primary cover is a medium black satin wrinkle finish.
    the cover part # is 25521-06 with suffix U1C. still available. list approx. $280
    the COMPLETE cover and installation kit is 25521-06 with suffix KIT. retails for approx. $320 and includes all gaskets/seals/O-rings for replacement installation

yes i was correct as you "thought" i was and yes....your primary cover clutch actuator floor/lip has broken.
    SIMPLEST....MOST EXPEDIENT....BEST DOLLAR VALUE FIX????????
    1-contact shaughn reid on here. board name cooter. he has a few used primary covers for sale. color match possible.
    2-contact dave flack on here. board name DFlack001. he sells a beautiful kit to repair this cover impairment. having done a few myself with his kit I STRONGLY SUGGEST you have your mechanic simply clean and ship the cover to dave and have HIM install the kit for a few extra bucks. he can fill you in.

BOARD MEMBER NOVICES: if you've incorrectly adjusted your clutch cable/clutch pack.....have never lubed your clutch cable.....and enjoy sitting in traffic or at red lights with your bike in 1st gear and clutch lever pulled in....you too can expect to have precisely this same problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12