Thread: xb9/xb12 wheel interchange

Question xb9/xb12 wheel interchange

Greetings all,

New XB9 lightning owner. Previously owned an X1 Millenium and was stupid enough to let it go. I know parts can be scarce so I'd like to know what interchanges between the xb12 and the xb9, specifically wheels, seats, airbox, bars, ecm's. Thanks! Blitz

Inactive
    specifically wheels
    yes with caveat: 2009 ulysses and all 2010 REAR WHEELS 3 bearing design and do not interchange with 2 bearing wheels. they will mount up but you need the left side spacer and seal along with the 3 bearing axle.

seats
    no

airbox
    yes with caveat. they all mount up the same but inner covers and bases vented differently thru model years. all airbox covers will mount up to any XB......9 inner cover IEV free.....12 inner cover holds the IEV actuator assembly.

bars
    they will "bolt up" but differences in bar height/width/pullback and ulysses/cityX/Stt are cross-braced.

ecm's

no

you're welcome.

All answers, to the point, no BS. That's what I'm talking about John. You da man.

I thought all the seats were interchangeable except the long frame bikes had their own? (Uly/SS/STT) Am I wrong?

I do know any ECM box itself will interchange. '03-'07 is DDFI-2 and '08-'10 is DDFI-3.
    The only difference being a center spade output for the exhaust actuator (IEV) on a 12. If you aren't using a stock muffler with a valve, any ECM box will work, just put the map you want on it.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    All answers, to the point, no BS. That's what I'm talking about John. You da man.
    thanks much josh. appreciate the kind words!
    since blitz is new to the world of XB's i took his question to be a "plug & play" type typically seen on here which means "will this work and that work without fiddling?"
    though a hell of alot of parts interchange between all XB models from 2003-2010 inclusive....things like seats do not interchange between firebolts/lightnings/ulysses models. and so it goes. if and when he gets to the point where he's parts shopping for his XB9 and wonders what specific part will and will not work he's certainly free to ask.

to help the op the easiest seat you will find is known as the low seat most likely. it comes with smooth and textured material. I am pretty sure all of the xb9 lightnings came with the short subframe so that rules out the uly and ss stuff.

these look cool and are probably least comfortable
    textured low is M0076.3AE
    smooth low is M0076.1AD

These dont look as cool, but are pretty comfortable
    the skyline seat is the standard height M0090.1AC
    the tall skyline seat is N0025.1AJYW

These last 2 are hard to find but the most comfortable in my opinion while still looking great
    the streetfighter seat is 51891-03Y (it will be slippery for your passenger)
    the select seat is 51906-06Y which is considered by most as the crown jewel of lightning seats.

Ahh. I understand your answers Lunatic. I took his questions as XB "S" only. Not "R" vs "S". I would have though that was obvious, but you know.....

My coffees great! How about yours?