Thread: Will an InterActive exhaust/muffler servo pulled from an XB12S work on a Uly?

Will an InterActive exhaust/muffler servo pulled from an XB12S work on a Uly?

These parts are interchangeable on all XB models, in all production years if I recall correctly...

Can anybody confirm?

Yes, I just did it. was lucky to get a Buell part cheap. But the early versions had the bracket to hold the cable as part of the complete plastic outer case. The later one does not so you might have to get a bracket made up, as I did. Apparently the later versions have metal gears so more durable.
    The servo is a Ford part, i think related to the intake system. Not expensive. There is a thread with all the info you need on badweatherbikers. LMK if you can't find it and I'll look for a link.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
    These parts are interchangeable on all XB models, in all production years if I recall correctly...

Can anybody confirm?
    yes.
    outlet tip on Uly muffler different from standard S model a minor difference.
    don't know why this Bell guy thought it necessary to hone in on the actuator assembly....it is NOT a ford part...it was manufactured by Dorman Industries for Buell. there is a later Dorman exhaust actuator used by Ford vehicles Dorman part # 911-912 that retails for about $60 last i checked and is "near" direct replacement for OEM Buell and much more robust internal construction and steel gears as opposed to nylon. cam arm must be changed but easy project.