Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cooter rides the west coast!

Ya, the rest of the album is private. You don't want to see the whole thing. Trust me lol.
    But don't the pics show up in this thread?
    I could repost them bigger, but I know I'm annoying enough to some people

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Ya, the rest of the album is private. You don't want to see the whole thing. Trust me lol.
    But don't the pics show up in this thread?
    I could repost them bigger, but I know I'm annoying enough to some people
    It's all good. I just saw the links next to the pics, so I tried clicking on a few and got the message about being private. You've got a good eye. Lots of great pics.

Where west of Portland did you grow up, Cooter? When did you make the mistake of leaving? LOL. Lots of great scenery out here, but the coast is absolutely the best IMHO. That said, there are a lot of parts of CA I've been to that are breathtaking...I just don't admit it to other Oregonians. I'm with you on the Ducks, although really...Oregonians end up rooting for any team from Oregon that sniffs a championship game.

Thanks Lancruza I appreciate the compliment. Hard to go wrong with scenery like that though. I just point and hope the i-phone magic works

Hey submax: Lake Oswego. It's pretty hoity toity now, I'd have been in jail up there for sure if I tried the same Shaughnanigans today! 3 days after graduating HS I drove to the I-5 freeway and flipped a quarter for college. Heads for north, tails for south. Got tails and ended up in LA area 'till 2009. I'm back-ish now, but my lack of baggage keeps me free.

For many years I swore I'd never go back to Oregon. Grey/rain, blah blah. I think it's mostly the same as it was, but I have changed. It's MUCH more appealing to me now. Where Cali has changed in so many ways I disagree with Most people have to work so hard just to get by down here that it makes them angry. And thats no way to live

Mom is still there in L.O. and although she is in fantastic health and spirits, she undoubtedly getting older (just like me). I'm sure I'll end up there for her. We are the only ones left in my family and there is no way I'd subject her to the madness of LA, even if I do love my little beach town

TL;DR haha

I hated LA, and that was back in the late 70's. Plastic people, very strange ! I couldn't imagine living by LAX but maybe things have changed. I loved the rest of California, some really beautiful spots and great roads to get there to see them.

Hey Shaughn,

There are worse ways to pick a college after HS. I chose mine because a buddy was going there...ended up being roommates and then kinda hating each other. Failed out. Ended up going back to college a couple of years later once I figure out what I really wanted to do, so it worked out in the end...would have been interesting to try the coin flip method and see where it would have taken me!

I've never lived in Cali, but I know folks who do (or did) who agree with your sentiment. Sadly, the Portland area seems like it might only be a few years behind places like San Francisco as far as cost of living. Fortunately, I live far enough out that it isn't a huge problem yet. But, it will be someday.

Glad your mom is doing well and she gives you a good reason to head back to the PNW from time to time!

this shows that you had a very nice journey. Looking at the photos that you have clicked are awesome. Especially the the river. It''s amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Forsure that would have been Great!!!!! Lunch with the Cooter!!!
    Hey guys, I live in Pacifica along the coast just outside of SF. Would be great to meet up with some fellow Buellers!

Cooter - I grew up in San Gabriel; lived in Portland for a year; go rafting and fly fishing in Oregon / Washington a lot so all your road pics look very familiar.
    You definitely took a lot of long back roads that I've never seen. Thanks for allowing us to armchair travel with you!

West coast is awesome to bad it’s blocked by Cali. I had training in San Luis Obispo area. Almost took the 1 back to Wa. Good thing I didn’t as someone buried the road with the side of a mountain. Woulda been a nice drive. Truck no bike unfortunately.
    I would love to take a week to run down the coast.

Thanks for the nice comments gents Back from PHX after 3 weeks of non-stop work, and too much work makes Cooter a dull boy

...and I'll be up in SLO on Monday! For more work though I'm sending a whole 53' truck up from LA so I thought about strapping the STT to a pallet and sending it up with the machine, just so I could ride back down, LOL. Thats how bad I need a ride!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast