Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cooter rides the west coast!

Looks like you had a great ride. You passed right past my neck of the woods on the central coast. Loved the pics. I find it hard to stop for pics and always regret it later. NJ, I thought that was the blonde girl's feet. Thanks for pointing out that it was Cooter's.

Hey Cooter, any chance of mom making some of that pie when we or me pass by, on our dime naturally ?

Ward, it's time for a new set of reading glasses, those cheater's aren't making it. If those aren't the Cooter 's feet, I don't want to meet any of his girlfriends and I would seriously think twice about riding with him.

To me, it looks like the trip would be worth it for the food and scenery alone, even if I don't get some of mom's baking.

Cooter, your trip looks amazing! AND Your build looks like will be quite the adventure!

Out of curiosity, what’s your front brake set up? What master cylinder/lever combo you running? Is it a 19mm piston set up from a ninja or gsxr?

You guys are too damn funny.

Ya, Chicken I'll be in the garage for a little bit. Pulled the heads off the 327 yesterday . Ugh.

I can hang the rear tire in the air with only 2 fingers, I like it! The front brake is a 5mm EBR rotor with solid hardware kit, a ZTL-2 caliper I just bought from LAP and a 19mm radial M/C with an e-bay (Chinese) aluminum reservoir. I'm not positive of the application (I think Ducati monster IIRC) I just looked up 19mm bore and 7/8" bar clamp to find it. Pretty common, paid $40ish with the lever.

Thanks for the info Cooter. I’ve been looking to do a similar modification to my brakes.

BTW my sister lives in San Francisco. I’ve driven highway 1 and visited Muir Woods. Only thing that sucked about that experience was the fact that it was all piloted via mini van! How I would have loved to experience that trip on a bike!

For the $350-ish it costs and just bolt on, I couldn't be happier with the front brakes That upgrade ranks right there with the steering damper and quick shifter.

Oh! Then you have first hand experience with how stellar that tight twisty road is! To have to do it in a mini van would have made me cry

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    For the $350-ish it costs and just bolt on, I couldn't be happier with the front brakes That upgrade ranks right there with the steering damper and quick shifter.

Oh! Then you have first hand experience with how stellar that tight twisty road is! To have to do it in a mini van would have made me cry
    My whole family got a little car sick! Guess I was dreaming of being on a bike a little too hard. But hell, we live in NC and not a lot of families around here can say they’ve had such an experience.
    I’ll make the trip on two wheels one day.........

Fantastic ride, Cooter! You were just down the road from me at one point. I think I was at Pacific City within days of you! I live a little over an hour from there. Glad you were able to get up here to Oregon and enjoy the roads and amazing views! I'll have to do the same heading south to CA someday!

I grew up just west of Portland submax so I know Oregon a little (I'm a Duck, NOT a Beaver....lol) but I was hugely impressed by the coast, the dunes, Yachats and the other small towns that are able to stay small and so damn friendly and helpful it makes a Californian like me embarrassed

Can't wait to go back!

Cooter, AWESOME pics. I've tried clicking on the pic links and they send me to Flickr where it says that they are private photos. Am I doing something wrong?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast