Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 XB9 idle/running issues

Pulled and cleaned the IAC and the throttle body. Neither were very dirty or appeared to be a smoking gun. Reset the TPS. Started the bike, same issue.

Then cleaned every ground I could find. Same issue.

Checked every connector. Same issue.

Wiggled every wire and harness I could find. Same issue.

So I am back to the "What next" stage.

"Then cleaned every ground I could find. Same issue"

Make sure you, did find all of them !

I actually did check the ecm harness and plugs, just as I would on a Navy Ship. Connections and pins are super clean. I just picked up the fuel line adapter to verify fuel pump pressure today. Thank you again.

I believe I found the issue. Fuel pump pressure is 20 PSI. Will post if that is the issue. Now looking for a pump, the metal filter, etc for the 2008 Xb9.
    Building and fuel line adapter was challenge.

Inactive
    Fuel pump pressure is 20 PSI

49-51PSI target pressure of a healthy pump. must pump approx. 2-1/4 quarts of fluid per minute.
    check inline filter....check regulator.....prior to replacing pump itself.
    and no need to start yet another "fuel pump" thread on here. simply google my name along with "buellxb.com fuel pump replacement". wasn't more than 2 weeks ago i listed every part # along with available replacement ebay kit links on here.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 09-10-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Do you think the search engine would return the correct result. No. If you have a link I would appreciate it. Do I read correct that 2008 -1009 parts are different?

Inactive
    all XB fuel pumps interchange. very minor differences via internal piping. in typical site fashion there will be arguments from the uninformed and inexperienced regarding this statement but here's a direct quote to me from the HARLEY-DAVIDSON CORPORATE SERVICE DIVISION:
    John re. your question: 2010 fuel pump will work/fit 2008-2009 XB, but its fuel regulator must be replaced with 08/09 fuel pump regulator. According to HD tech, the fuel pressure for 2010 runs too high for 08/09 Xbs. By replacing the fuel regulator to 08/09, it will provide the correct pressure.

2010 pump ONLY uses PWM info to control output pressure....all prior year pumps use mechanical internal regulator.
    2010 has sensor on fuel rail which sends signal to ecm controlling pressure....only year that set-up exists.
    one particular model year....2008??????....has slight difference in wiring harness pump plug but i'll be damned if i can remember which year.

replace filter....replace strainer sock....replace filter end-bushings....replace pump housing O-rings and lube them prior to assembly or they'll tear.

large filter crosses over to FF3330 at Autozone.

O-ring factory part # P0121.02A8 list $6.40 each i stock for 1/2 price to board members

replace fuel level sensor. you'll be sorry if you don't. i'm seeing them failing at alarming rates due to age. factory part # P0789.KA list for $14. infinite amount in system.

SEE ATTACHED PIC.....SEE RED ARROW TO SCREW....TIGHTEN THE HELL OUT OF IT OR ALL YOUR WORK WILL BE TO NO AVAIL. IT IS THE SYSTEM GROUND SCREW. they loosen up over time.
    tons of threads on here and youtube vids showing pump removal/reinstall.
    here's a nice popular kit............
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-EFI-F...ty!17540!US!-1

you happy now????LOL

xb pump_LI.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 09-12-2018 at 01:42 PM.

^^^^^^What a freaken great write-up and info!

Awesome Lunatic. Thanks for taking the time to post it for the 100th time. Just like the easy 15 minute R&R steps. Seriously generous of you

Where do we vote for stickies?

lunaticfringe, great I spent a good 15 minutes googling to locate your prior post. Google uses different algorithms for every user. I am going to pull the assembly and check each filter and the regulator. I have a spare HD EFI fuel pump on hand. I will check and run the bike to determine exactly which components need to be replaced. There is zero Buell support here. I have had to take a crash course. I have read every manual I could find. Your help and others has proven invaluable. Just having others to bounce off ideas helps with the thought process. Porsche, MB, Broncos...ask me. Buell, still learning. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast