• Chrome

0 0%
  • Black

4 100.00%
  • Neither

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need buying advice, 2 choices, Buell XB12R Firebolt's

What exactly are your plans for the bike?

If your ultimate goal is to totally transform the bike, buy something less original. Something that has been well maintained yet has suffered some sort of crash damage. No reason to desecrate a perfect example of an xb when you can find cheaper ones out there for your purpose. But then again I’m not really sure what your intentions are or how hardcore you plan to go with the transformation.

But hell, your money, your bike, do what makes you happy.
    Just keep in mind it’s A LOT of work to change the front headlight set up on an XBR.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    What exactly are your plans for the bike?

But hell, your money, your bike, do what makes you happy.
    Just keep in mind it’s A LOT of work to change the front headlight set up on an XBR.
    Thanks mate,

I was ideally looking for an XB12Ss however there are none for sale within my vicinity being based @ Torrance, CA. (Any forum goers nearby?) The closest is an 8 hour drive away, it has over 18k miles (4k more than the others) and is $4,000: https://stockton.craigslist.org/mcy/...680856082.html

That headlight set-up is my concern also, haven't played with an XBR before, however, I do plan to minimize the front end. I will have to play with the wiring harness a lot to move everything behind the air filter/under seat. But I can probably cram some in the back of the headlight can itself.

My question, on BuellMods.com there is a 2008 XBR Electrical Diagnostics Manual. Would this be the same for my 2009 XBR?
    Last edited by deleted_7345; 09-05-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Thank you for this.

That still only has an XB 2008MY Electrical Service Manual. Can someone clarify if this is good for the 2009? I am assuming so, however, I don't want to jump to assumptions, that's got me in trouble in the past!

08 and 09 should be the same. However, R and S model wire harnesses are very different.

Your headlight can/bucket will have to be pretty big! Both fuse boxes, the flasher relay, the horn, the ecm and A LOT of large connectors are located under the front fairing set up of the XBR.
    I changed my headlight set up on my XBR and used an XBS wire harness to accomplish the task. Changing out the harness required an engine rotation and A LOT of work. The XBS harness is designed to have everything that the XBR has in the front fairing reside in the tail section.
    Plan out your mods before performing them.

I also made my own tail section so my build/desecration was a little different.

Inactive
    08 and 09 should be the same. However, R and S model wire harnesses are very different.

Your headlight can/bucket will have to be pretty big! Both fuse boxes, the flasher relay, the horn, the ecm and A LOT of large connectors are located under the front fairing set up of the XBR.
    I changed my headlight set up on my XBR and used an XBS wire harness to accomplish the task. Changing out the harness required an engine rotation and A LOT of work. The XBS harness is designed to have everything that the XBR has in the front fairing reside in the tail section.
    Plan out your mods before performing them.

I also made my own tail section so my build/desecration was a little different.
    Okay good to know I can switch to an XBS wire harness.

Do you have a thread of your build and progress pics? Would be great to see, there aren't too many that I can find.

I didn’t really do a thread.
    I posted a few pics but nothing substantial.
    The best cafe racer build thread I’ve seen is by Nicholas900.
    Look it up and you’ll see how much work he put into modifying his XBR harness!

Inactive
    I didn’t really do a thread.
    I posted a few pics but nothing substantial.
    The best cafe racer build thread I’ve seen is by Nicholas900.
    Look it up and you’ll see how much work he put into modifying his XBR harness!
    I have gone through his build about a month or two ago, was very informative and a beautiful result.

It's your bike and you can do what you want. However, it hurts to see another well maintained bike get dismantled. Ugh... Lost another one.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by 08herobolt View Post
    It's your bike and you can do what you want. However, it hurts to see another well maintained bike get dismantled. Ugh... Lost another one.
    If you are the proud owner of one. Theoretically this is just boosting the value of yours. Besides there are 136k Buells.

Last edited by deleted_7345; 09-06-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast