Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch - XB12X

Clutch - XB12X

Clutch slipped for the 1st time, the bike has 76K miles on original clutch. Needs to be replaced soon and looking at the options.

Seen this clutch kit at SPHD:
    306-30-20015 Barnett Friction and steel clutch kit. $326.

Seems you get a new diaphram spring and some tools with this kit. $242 plus shipping

https://www.energyoneclutches.com/pr...?productid=110

Called Harley and they are going to get back with me to see if I can order anything Buell clutch related through them?

Any better options?

https://ebutik.nccr.se/buellparts-5/...irccoled-bue-1

This is what I was suggested to run in my slipper clutch on my 'race' Ulysses.

Thanks Kurlon,
    Looks great and most likely last the rest of my lifetime. Where you able to actually run this nccr clutch pack?

It's in my bike, worked well at Circuit of the Americas. I've only got 61mi total on it though so not exactly long term review material yet. I am running it with Redline Racing ATF, and as noted it's in a slipper clutch and was thoroughly abused for those 61mi.

I've used that interesting Alta clutch pack with ATF in the primary in Bubbles' '06Scg and liked it a lot. No slipper though, just street. I have a complete set of Alta plates that went into a customers bike for about a year (and 100 miles, lol) if you're interested to use them. He was tracing an issue and swapping parts without testing.

The Energy One pack was inexpensive and lasted 30K+ hammering on the ol STT. I still use the spring compressor it came with to this day.

I have a Barnett 'Kevlar" set on the Ss now and have no complaints, but use Formula +. Using 20w-50 made it sticky.

Tbone: As per Donna Clayson...customer service rep at Alto Inc. in Atmore, AL.....their Red Carbon-Based clutch kit NOT recommended for XB-XL-XR street use. EnergyOne kit is priced right, great reputation, comes with spring compressor kit for R&R, and owner is board member on here.

Interesting, also never poked at their site, that clutch pack has a lifetime warranty, neat!

Interesting info Barrett. I wonder why she would say that? We went with the Aramid compound, but it was just a lucky choice to upgrade from the base compound.

Thanks for the info Barret, will support the community here and order it this payday. It is a complete kit as well including the tool.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    My pleasure and I believe you'll be very happy with the EnergyOne kit and yes...comes with diaphragm compressor tool required for R&R. They've been in business over 30 years and know what they're doing. Ancillary benefit is that you can use your choice of any of the standard popular primary/trans fluids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast