Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECM died on XB12XT. Which one to get?

ECM died on XB12XT. Which one to get?

Hi everyone,

so ECM on my 09' Ully finally died. Pity, got it reflashed to *cough* latest *cough* BUE2D and a custom map last year.

I live in Europe, so naturally I thought to look on US Ebay. I found guys from IDS, but since the Ebay seller did not answer my message, I thought I should ask before ordering the wrong kind of ECM

The part # from the auction is 203277, it's flashed with map for Jardine exhaust and K&N air filter. I have a Remus with K&N but I could probably recover the map...
    It doesn't say if firmware is BUE2D and I really loved how the fan was operating on this firmware.

Do you guys have any input? Actually, just verifying the part # would be awesome

Thanks!!

Oh, BTW, are those european headers on my bike..? Is this one more complication with the map preflashed by IDS guys (if I ever end up using it)?

headers.jpg

No, I think they are the stock headers. You can contact IDS directly you know.?

I'm guessing by "died" you mean physically cracked because the seat hit it? FYI, thats a ULY issue and there's brackets to fix it from happening again.

If you want one with a fuel program that is plug-n-play for what you have, IDS is the source.

If you are mildly computer literate, you do have the option of putting the program you want on another ECM. Any DDFI-3 ('08-up) ECM will work. Just get a cheap one and use a simple program like ECMDroid to put the fuel program you want on it, change the fan logic to whatever you desire, and also be a great diagnostic tool should you need it in the future.

You can find ECMDroid on the Google Play store for free. The program uses a bluetooth connection to read and write to the ECM. I like the one I got from Buelltooth.com and theres a whole lot of tuning info in that site as well.
    The firmware version doesn't dictate the fuel program or fan logic. But BUE2D is the latest FWIW.

I can not find any information on buying a cheap DDFI-3

Do recommend a cheap blank ecm?

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_fergusson View Post
    Do recommend a cheap blank ecm?
    For What? Why?

If I had a broken ECM. Which one is recommended replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I'm guessing by "died" you mean physically cracked because the seat hit it? FYI, thats a ULY issue and there's brackets to fix it from happening again.
    Perhaps my Google-fu is weak, but I've not been able to find the brackets you speak of. Would you happen to have additional information (pics, part #, source, etc) available for these? The wires on my '06 are abraded where they come out of the ECM connector. The bike had a low seat, so I'm sure this is the source of the abrasion. I'd like to relocate the ECM before it becomes a critical issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast