Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding o2 bung

Lol, I love people with odd talents, you have one.
    Swapping out to a 12 header is an upgrade and won't hurt anything. I'd recommend tuning it, but you're headed in that direction anyway, so moot point there. (Nope, not mute point, MOOT point. There's a difference. Grammar nazi side track ftw.)

Welding stainless is no more difficult than any other steel. I'd take the header off the bike regardless of the route you choose, it doesn't take too awful long to do.

I’m planning on using the dual wide band setup. DLG-1. Manual says to install sensors at least 24” downstream of the exhaust port. The factory ports are no where near that. Will installing them that close shorten the life of the sensors?

Possibly, but I ran widebands on my 1125 for 5 years, maybe 30k miles and never had a problem with them. Most of my bikes that I keep long term get widebands installed on them not long after I get the bike. Also, they worked just fine in the stock location. 6" or so from the heads.

What brand are you running? I’m just gonna save some trouble and buy some 12 headers

I've used several different controllers but the actual sensors have always been Bosch. LSU 4.2 and 4.9 models. The 4.2's are the older version, slower refresh rate, but they work just fine. Never had an issue with any of them, combined mileage, probably 50k? Highest was 30k on my 1125, the rest are sub-10k miles.

As far as the controller itself goes, I've used PLX-Devices, Daytona Wego-3 and Innovate mostly. Currently on my 1190 it's a Daytona Wego-3 dual controller with a custom display, my xb12 has an Innovate DLG-1 on it.

Last edited by d_adams; 10-04-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12