Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adding o2 bung

Lol, I love people with odd talents, you have one.
    Swapping out to a 12 header is an upgrade and won't hurt anything. I'd recommend tuning it, but you're headed in that direction anyway, so moot point there. (Nope, not mute point, MOOT point. There's a difference. Grammar nazi side track ftw.)

Welding stainless is no more difficult than any other steel. I'd take the header off the bike regardless of the route you choose, it doesn't take too awful long to do.

I’m planning on using the dual wide band setup. DLG-1. Manual says to install sensors at least 24” downstream of the exhaust port. The factory ports are no where near that. Will installing them that close shorten the life of the sensors?

Possibly, but I ran widebands on my 1125 for 5 years, maybe 30k miles and never had a problem with them. Most of my bikes that I keep long term get widebands installed on them not long after I get the bike. Also, they worked just fine in the stock location. 6" or so from the heads.

What brand are you running? I’m just gonna save some trouble and buy some 12 headers

I've used several different controllers but the actual sensors have always been Bosch. LSU 4.2 and 4.9 models. The 4.2's are the older version, slower refresh rate, but they work just fine. Never had an issue with any of them, combined mileage, probably 50k? Highest was 30k on my 1125, the rest are sub-10k miles.

As far as the controller itself goes, I've used PLX-Devices, Daytona Wego-3 and Innovate mostly. Currently on my 1190 it's a Daytona Wego-3 dual controller with a custom display, my xb12 has an Innovate DLG-1 on it.
    Last edited by d_adams; 10-04-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Project is still rolling. Got my 10+ 12 header in. Dual sensors. Going to get it jet hot coated as well. Also ordered the DLG-1.
    Been playing with ECMspy and working on my cold running. Had to call it quits at high 20 degrees. Too cold for me.

Big thing I'm trying to find now is how to actually run dual wide bands on the bike through the ecm so it can be data logged and then analyzed. Or does just the rear O2 data get logged and you have to watch for the front?
    Or in order to run dual sensors' data, I would need to run their logworks program?

I feel this should be straight forward, but for some reason it not sinking in.

DDFI-3 required to log it through the ECM directly. 2 addtional wires are required, pins 1 and 33 on the gray plug. DDFI-2 would be a little more difficult, there's no way to get the info into/out of the ecm easily.
    I wouldn't call it a straight forward process, it's a bit of a pita. I just pay Tim at IDSPD to do it and get excellent results every time.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    DDFI-3 required to log it through the ECM directly. 2 addtional wires are required, pins 1 and 33 on the gray plug. DDFI-2 would be a little more difficult, there's no way to get the info into/out of the ecm easily.
    I wouldn't call it a straight forward process, it's a bit of a pita. I just pay Tim at IDSPD to do it and get excellent results every time.
    What does Tim do? The tuning or can he upgrade so I can run dual WB? I know, having an 03 I'm at the biggest disadvantage. Manual idle control and not even in the 04-08 XB's. I think 03-02 are the bastard child XB's. lol
    I bought a programmable IDS for EBR.

SO, could I use innovatives log software to log the widebands, but still pass through the single o2 through the ECM? That way the front O2 would be synced with the log. So then compare the logs from the WB and the log through ecmspy. After reading that I don't think so as then no calculation would be used for the front o2 (bypassing the ECM) and I would have to interpolate the front cylinder by comparing the 2 logs.

When was the dual o2 implemented? I know 2010 but iirc the earlier ECMs had the ability but not wires. Just read a thread couple days were they ran to the pins and the front o2 logged. Is it only 08+? If so Buelltooth can update the ECM's. Needed in order to use the baro and QS kit from them.

This should make you explode,

in·ter·po·late
    /inˈtərpəˌlāt/Submit
    verb
    insert (something of a different nature) into something else.
    "illustrations were interpolated in the text"
    synonyms: insert, interpose, interject, enter, add, incorporate, inset, put, introduce
    "language models can be interpolated online"
    insert (words) in a book or other text, especially in order to give a false impression as to its date.
    alter (a book or text) by insertion

I'm totally turned on right now

OP: what are you trying to do? Diagnose a running issue? You want gauges on the bike? Check factory mapping for perfection?

Like Dean, I have run twin O2's in 2010 stock locations (+/- 4" from the head) for extended mileage without issue. You can use the same WB sensor to emulate a NB input to the ECM for those times you enable CL operation in between tuning sessions where it's locked out.

Last edited by Cooter; 11-28-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast