Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBR 1190SX front end swap on Buell XB

EBR 1190SX front end swap on Buell XB

Hi,

i'm thinking of swaping forks and triple T from a 1190SX to a XB12S. Has it be done yet ? Who know if it is a direct swap ? Can some one mesure how long is a fork leg when the bike is static on the ground please ?

regards

Theres a WHOLE lot more than fork length to worry about. Whats your goal?

It may take a small investment to get the answers you need. Buy a EBR triple and compare it to yours, see if the steering stem is the same. If not, you can still modify the stem to fit the XB frame. Check the off-set of the fork tube holes to yours, see if they are the same as well.

Eric did like to re-use parts and specs between models, maybe you get lucky?

I've got to ask.... why? Why spend the time and money on this swap? Isn't there already ohlins stuff available for the xb? Or a gsxr swap with dual disks? In any sort, what's the point? You racing it, or going for the look? Not trying to bea huge downer, just looking for some insight. Method to madness

you will also need an EBR front wheel. EBRs have a larger front axle.

Progressivesuspension.com

HyperPro.com

Racetech.com

Ohlins.com

Eibach.com

Penskeshocks.com

Factoryconnection.com

Even if you spent the thousand dollars plus to get the EBR stuff to bolt on, you still need to set it up for you. You'd be way ahead to just research the above and skip the middle process entirely. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    I've got to ask.... why? Why spend the time and money on this swap? Isn't there already ohlins stuff available for the xb? Or a gsxr swap with dual disks? In any sort, what's the point? You racing it, or going for the look? Not trying to bea huge downer, just looking for some insight. Method to madness
    Because:

I'm in Switzerland.here we have, every two years an official check for condition and conformity of all the parts of the bike. No way for dual disks, etc but a complete 1190 front end can do the trick

Because: they are original and new parts, I like the look of BPF Showa forks and of the EBR Rim

Because I don't know yet if I will put this parts on my XB or, if I have enough money in the next 12 month, I will assemble a Bottpower frame with these parts

Just received Monday forks, under tree, upper tree from a 1190SX and upper tree from a 1125R .

I have a spare frame from a 2009 XB9SX and started yesterday with checks:

1190SX/RX down tree axle is just the same ( center axle )as regular XB, I can put forks and upper tree from the 1190 SX .All fit without mods !

Will check fork length later and post some pics

Sorry for my bad english

edited: unable to put the second leg, center axle is about 1-2 mm offset
    Last edited by RoToR; 10-10-2018 at 05:25 PM. Reason: corrected

Quote Originally Posted by RoToR View Post
    Because:

I'm in Switzerland.here we have, every two years an official check for condition and conformity of all the parts of the bike. No way for dual disks, etc but a complete 1190 front end can do the trick

Because: they are original and new parts, I like the look of BPF Showa forks and of the EBR Rim

Because I don't know yet if I will put this parts on my XB or, if I have enough money in the next 12 month, I will assemble a Bottpower frame with these parts
    So you can get away with putting EBR stuff on it because you are hoping it looks similar enough, and they wont catch it when you get the bike inspected?

Kona: I sold a '67 Chevelle the went to the land down under and had to convert the bad-ass 6-piston Wilwoods and hydro boost I put on it to factory parts. Not manual drum from '67, C-4 'Vette stuff was fine, so it sounds like Switzerland is the same? They frown on aftermarket items.

RoToR: If that's true, how do you get away with the Bott power frame? and don't worry your English is better than most Americans on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by konarider94 View Post
    So you can get away with putting EBR stuff on it because you are hoping it looks similar enough, and they wont catch it when you get the bike inspected?

exactly. with the same spirit of mind i also passed 4 times the check with a bigbore engine but with oem airfilter & exhaust. Issues are also in case of accident your insurance will not cover you if your bike not homologated mods on it

Last edited by RoToR; 10-10-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast