Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else's bike buzzes in higher RPMs? (4.5-6k)

Another example of a "ride it, if it's broken, it will break" situation. Yeah they vibrate TONS! In the future, do some reading before you ask. And yes the valve train is loud, the trans is a bit clunkier than some other bikes, they run very hot, you must run actually good ethanol free 91 octane or higher fuel in them, they're not as fast as most other rockets, people don't know what they are, they're not worth much.... I can go on and on with all the buellism that's been public knowledge for almost ah, 30? Years

John what kind of weed does your horse smoke? This guy said your horse is high!!

Does he share^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

Some funny stuff going on here.

you guys are hilarious

My Triumph Explorer XC buzzes a lot at high RPM, if you can't solve it, you can try Grip Buddies, they work very well to quell vibration and don't absorb water.

Neither of my Buell's buzz and hardly vibrate once you roll off idle. They run super smooth. My DR650 was another story. After doing some performance rework it developed an odd vibration in 4th & 5th starting around 3800 RPM. I had opened up the air box, installed a pumper carb, high flow header and Busa can. The vibration wasn't that bad but drove me nuts.

Long story short the carb was set up a little rich. After more than a few jet/needle changes and test runs I eliminated 99+% of the vibration, only have a tiny bit left at 4000 RPM in 4th and the bike is now running great. Dropped the needle one notch down from 3 to 2 , turned the idle screw in from 1-1/8 turns to 3/4 turn and dropped the main jet from 157.5 down to 147.5, (four sizes).

My Point: Fueling & timing can cause all kinds of little issues. If you're not getting anywhere with what you've tried so far maybe look at your maps and do a little tuning.

I get a Buzz each and every time I fire up my EBR. !!! So do my my neighbors and I live out in the country with no neighbors within a 1/4 mile !.

Just curious, what diagnosis and or trouble shooting have you performed up to this point in time to try and pin point, identify or remedy the buzzing, vibration unnatural vibe?
    Have you adjusted your clutch and primary chain?
    Have you insured that shift linkage is secure?
    Have you checked EVERY possible fastener to insure none are rattling?
    If I recall correctly the service manual calls for a critical fastener Check every 10k. Personally I check all the fasteners i possibly can at every oil change.

www.buellmods.com for a service manual

Inspect your motor mounts, especially the front. It may be getting to the end of its life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast