Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XB12X 2006 ULY Charging issues, testing done, what next??

lastly....i love wallace bakely....in a purely hetero sort of way......so don't get any ideas. he's a phenomenal rider and racer. but he's also an habitual trouble-maker and truth-stretcher. you've been so advised.
    classic!

Best thread i've read in a long time... its like, about, motorcycles and junk! In all seriousness Ginga please take some time to post info about how your repair progresses, be good to have a "their I fixed it!" finish to this so future readers may learn something.

I will post back for sure. And I'm sure I'll be back to ask question about the oil leak on the rear cylinder and the cleaning of the injectors.

ask question about the oil leak on the rear cylinder
    rocker box gaskets? pretty simple fix, just includes and engine rotate there is thread

here it is.... https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...leaking!-*BIG* just dont pay much attention to anything past page2/3 when tBag cuts loose. and heres a link to the gaskets I used on my lightning or you can get a set from lunaticfringe which i did for my uly...https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...and_answer_tab

Thanks Bagger. The deeper I look the more I see needs doing. I'll have a half new bike by the time I'm done.

Ok.That thread looks way over my head. Tell me it's as easy as Lego with a good guide to follow. This is a first for me.

A rotate is pretty easy once you get past the thought of it! I kinda do it in steps... I start with the top, airbox, inner airbox, stack, right and left side scoops. Then unhooking everything in the upper harness from the motor (as outlined in the thread) except the TPS does not need to come out of the Throttle Body, unhook both throttle cables and undo the clutch cable from the lever while im at it and upper engine mount. Then i move to the rear lower, remove the belt covers wheel loose remove belt. I had a D&D pipe so i left the muffler on, but I believe the OE pipe requires removal. Then move to the front: fender, all the engine mounts and such as outlined in the thread. On my uly i removed the left side rear set/peg mount assembly because it can scratch the primary if the motor wiggles around a bit. Last thing i take out is isolator bolt and then lower the motor onto the tire with a board between it and the tire. then go to work on what ever on the top end needs done. That thread has all the steps even if it does seem a bit chaotic. Oh, and get a manual... you'll need it.

Is the PDF manual good enough or will I need a paper version? Are they the same? The pdf, is not so easy to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingahippy View Post
    Is the PDF manual good enough or will I need a paper version? Are they the same? The pdf, is not so easy to navigate.
    Pain to navigate, yes. But they're the same manual. I only ever really used the quick reference torque values and capacities from my manual regularly. Occasionally looking up a particular procedure. Just print off the pages you need for that project once you locate them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12