Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Back to Buell, this time a Uly but which one?

Great buy !!! IMO The Blue ^^^ I only see ADV Monster Auxiliary Lights, am I missing something ?
    Last edited by Silverrider; 02-13-2019 at 03:24 PM.

IMHO, I would buy the most stock Buell you can find, especially for my first Buell. More than 8000 miles but less than 30k miles is a mileage sweet spot for the least amount of problems for its age.
    The '08-up thunderstorm engines have some upgrades and a slight price premium, but I have not had any major issue with the earlier bikes.
    They are pretty legendary for dependability, why mess with that? Are you going to drag race it?

Re: the last two... That blue one has some lights on it, I don't think they are real special or anything. I was just wondering about the modified 06 at Danbury. Are those engine upgrades too much?

But, no, I don't have anyone to drag race with. My neighbors only have diesel powered tractors.

I'd like to be able to buy in a week or two and that blue one is at the top of my list so far.

With a Uly you might be pulling those tractor out of the mud. LOL

Someone sure put a lot of money into that blue one and then hardly rode it!

That blue one seems to be a good deal, you can more than likely get it even cheaper than the asking price. If you would like and since I'm retired, I'll take a ride with you to look at it, preferably a weekend day.

Oopsy, I was thinking about the one in Danbury, the blue one out in West PA wouldn't make sense for a ride since, your out in PA already.
    Last edited by njloco; 02-13-2019 at 08:48 PM.

I was just wondering about the modified 06 at Danbury. Are those engine upgrades too much?
    Probably never have an issue with it either. It's just not really worth any more money with the upgrades realistically. And unless you'll only use it for "bar hopping" or drag racing you'd be better off with a tried and true stock motor. More so for the sake of smoother rideability, likely less heat, and being easier to control than reliability.
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 02-13-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    That blue one seems to be a good deal, you can more than likely get it even cheaper than the asking price. If you would like and since I'm retired, I'll take a ride with you to look at it, preferably a weekend day.

Oopsy, I was thinking about the one in Danbury, the blue one out in West PA wouldn't make sense for a ride since, your out in PA already.
    I'm actually in Mary Land. I might have a look in a week or two. Let me know if you see a better deal on an XT. bob

So for right now are we just kicking tires ? LOL

Well, yeah, kicking tires until the "tax refund" gets here. A week or two. They didn't give me a tracking number.

I can see I've dragged this out too long. Just wanted to make the right choice.

Last edited by The Bob; 02-14-2019 at 01:02 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast