Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Buell Lightning XB12scg

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Yeah, it's minty and you do have a bunch of mods but it's a little high in the milage and your not the original owner, that's just the criteria I try to go by, but really nice bike.
    Haha you're right, but I have all the paperwork from the original owners. And for some perspective, my Apple Watch has recorded me walking/running 1,500 miles in just the last 12 months. This bike is from 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    NJ, 300-ish miles a year isn't even high mileage for a horse haha

I still don't understand the swingarm thing, a couple mm? higher? lower? wider? Why? and I don't understand the axle thing either. If you don't want to get into it in your for sale thread thats cool. Like I said, just curious, no worries
    Alright the areas on the right and left side of the wheel, about 5cm forward of the axle, are taller than normal. Found this out while trying to fit the T-Rex axle sliders. Measured another XB at the same point and it was 5 mm different at the same point. T-Rex modified these ones so that they would fit.

The orifice of the axle is different to stock. The left side of the axle typically has a 20mm pin to fit inside for the Trailer Restraint system. This axle has an 18.75mm orifice. The 18.75mm orifice is the 1125 size, not the XB.

So far as I can tell, these parts are exclusively on this bike and therefore were prototypes of some kind.

Oh my. We all know what happens when we assume.

Is this the 52" wheelbase or the longer 54"? By exclusive prototype parts, do you mean that replacement parts are not available?

All the best,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 1776Brigade View Post
    Is this the 52" wheelbase or the longer 54"? By exclusive prototype parts, do you mean that replacement parts are not available?

All the best,
    Brian
    I'll check the wheelbase when I get home. I've been traveling.

Still have it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12