Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Buell Lightning XB12scg

2009 Buell Lightning XB12scg

For sale: 2009 Buell XB12scg with 3,104 miles.

This bike is extremely low mileage and mostly stock, though I have modified a few things. The following is a fairly complete list of what has been modified or upgraded:

- Installation of motogadget disc LED bar end turn signals
    - Installation of CRG Lanesplitter bar end mirrors
    - Installation of LED headlights
    - Modified headlight wiring so that both lights are on when high beams are turned on
    - Installation of Rizoma LED front turn signals
    - Installation of T-Rex engine sliders (both sides)
    - Installation of Knight Design front and rear axle sliders
    - Installation of T-Rex swingarm-mounted spools
    - Installation of XB Lights LED rear tail light (Option 4 with red turn signals and LED plate downlight)
    - Chopped the tail
    - Custom fabricated steel license plate bracket
    - Installed Buelltooth bluetooth ECM reader
    - Installed Buelltooth quick shifter (regular pattern)
    - Installed RAM Mount phone holder
    - Installed and custom wired dash USB hub for phone power
    - Installed new O2 sensor
    - Replaced Intake Air Controller Sensor
    - Replaced entire fuel pump assembly (Bike sat with gas in it for a while with a previous owner and clogged the original pump)
    - Replaced tires with Dunlop Q3+’s at 3,000 miles
    - Replaced oil and filter with Royal Purple full synthetic at 3,000 miles
    - Cleaned and oiled air filter at 3,000 miles

I also have a number of pretty uncommon spares. These include:

- Brand new ignition coils
    - Brand new front and rear fuel injectors
    - Complete materials to install oil rebreather mod
    - Pit Bull TRS pins required specifically for this bike (it has a prototype swingarm and axle that regular TRS pins for XB’s do not fit)
    - Removed plastics (belt guard, etc)
    - OEM unchopped tail, including lights
    - James Gaskets intake seals
    - Probably some other stuff that I’m not thinking of

I have a complete set of documentation for the bike, including the original factory sales packet, a second key, and the lockout code card. I also have the clean title in hand.

The bike is super clean. I’m only selling it because I don’t ride much on the street anymore. I’d like to purchase a smaller track bike to accompany my EBR and my trailer can only hold 2 bikes during the winter, but I’m not looking to trade. Selling it is not time sensitive.

I have included a video dated today, October 4th, 2018 of a cold start, the dash/odometer, and all of the functioning lights. You can find it here:*https://youtu.be/atr8gM32FEY

The price for this motorcycle is $6,000. It is located near Boston, MA and would be a fantastic city bike for someone who loves the torque a big V-Twin provides. This motorcycle produces 100 hp and 81 ft/lbs of torque. You have to do nothing to it except pay for it, get on, and enjoy your ride.

No test rides of this bike unless you put $6,000 cash in my hands before you throw a leg over the bike. If you crash it, you bought it. I will also need to see a valid drivers license with M designation or motorcycle permit.

Looking forward to finding the right home for her!

It's also posted on Craigslist if you're interested in looking there. https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mc...715264490.html

IMG_1159 2.jpg

IMG_1162 2.jpg

IMG_1160 2.jpg

IMG_1161 2.jpg

IMG_1164 2.jpg
    Last edited by gdisaac07; 10-05-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Really, really, nice bike. A pretty example that needs to be ridden!

Curious what you mean by "it has a prototype swingarm and axle"?

Clean bike, the PO spend more time working on it than riding, White spot on right side sub frame?? Asking top $ I would take off the pipe and detail it, screams out it been in the wet weather. Front forks by the brake line?, what going on ? F brake lever looks bent . I am not picking it apart, awesome bike. JMO
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-05-2018 at 12:14 PM.

At that price, I think he'll have to find a collector, I would love to buy an SCG but they just don't demand that amount of $, I'll keep waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Really, really, nice bike. A pretty example that needs to be ridden!

Curious what you mean by "it has a prototype swingarm and axle"?
    Thanks, Cooter! The swingarm is a couple millimeters taller on the arms and the axle has the internal dimensions from the 1125, not the XB.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Clean bike, the PO spend more time working on it than riding, White spot on right side sub frame?? Asking top $ I would take off the pipe and detail it, screams out it been in the wet weather. Front forks by the brake line?, what going on ? F brake lever looks bent . I am not picking it apart, awesome bike. JMO
    The previous owner kept it in a barn and never rode it. The white spot on the rear subframe is a parking permit that I blurred out. The pipe will probably be removed by the next owner and replaced with a Dean Adams or Drummer pipe, as is normal. Powdercoating the stock pipe would probably cost as much as a brand new one. Though if someone wants that, I'll figure out how to do it. The front forks by the brake line have a clear sticker applied as part of a previous recall, so I'm told. The brake line may rub against the fork body. It's inconsequential. The brake lever does appear bent but I've never had a problem with its usage. In other photos of other XB's, it looked approximately the same so I never gave it any thought.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    At that price, I think he'll have to find a collector, I would love to buy an SCG but they just don't demand that amount of $, I'll keep waiting.
    It's a pretty mint '09. Not too many '09 or '10 scg's left in existence.

Yeah, it's minty and you do have a bunch of mods but it's a little high in the milage and your not the original owner, that's just the criteria I try to go by, but really nice bike.

NJ, 300-ish miles a year isn't even high mileage for a horse haha

I still don't understand the swingarm thing, a couple mm? higher? lower? wider? Why? and I don't understand the axle thing either. If you don't want to get into it in your for sale thread thats cool. Like I said, just curious, no worries
    Last edited by Cooter; 10-06-2018 at 03:13 AM.

^^^ I'm with this guy, let's hear more about this "prototype"

Yes Cooter, " NJ, 300-ish miles a year isn't even high mileage for a horse haha " your correct but you forget, that my 07 SS had 617 miles on it so to me, that is high miles and for a lot more $ but, still a nice bike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast