Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1125cr tips and opinions

1125cr tips and opinions

Good morning all,
    I'm still a bit new here and thought I'd pose a question. There is an '09 1125CR that just popped up rather local to me for what I believe is a decent price ($3k) and I was just wanting to get a feel for them. I've read specs and wanted to try the other side of the Buell coin with the liquid cooled 1125cc (I have an '04 XB12S now).

Anything that I should be looking for? I've read about the stator issues, but wasn't sure if there was anything else with this model that may creep up. Bike has just over 13k mileage on it.

I haven't made contact yet, just stalking at this point. Photos look nice and the bike looks clean.

Thanks.

The Rotax motor is the best thing Buell ever did. You get a huge amount of bang for your buck with these.

I paid $3200 for my 08 1125r in February and put around 1500 miles on her so far. I swapped out the regulator and that solved all my minor electrical issue. She hasn't given me any problems and is always a joy to ride.

For the price of a trip to Mouseworld you get an amazing machine. You do have to enjoy doing your own wrenching. I wouldn't trust mine to anyone else, even a so-called Buell friendly Harley dealer.

She definitely has personality. I describe her to car guys as the Dodge Viper of motorcycles -- rough around the edges but a blast to drive.

Thanks Bat! I've been digging up all kind of research the past few days trying to be as informed as possible. They sure look like a load of fun.

Thank you for your help!

I wouldn't worry about issues, including electrical, until you have them.

I'd get it, but I'm a little biased..
    <
    <
    <
    <

It is a completely different bike than an XB.

Thanks Cooter,
    I'm getting ducks lined out now, I think I'm going to take a run at it!

I just ordered a crankshaft tool to start the rotor tear down. My bike has the HD fix. The on dash volt meter constantly reports 13 to 14 volts so my sator and VR are still good.

Any recommendations on buffing the plastic body panels? The air box needs a tank pad.

1125cr1.jpg

So took a half day from work yesterday and drove 2.5hrs one way to pick up this beastly machine. I got about a half hour in the saddle once I got home last night and this lady just rocks!!! I've got a little road rash on the left side claw, and a bent to hell clutch lever (but still functions), but other than that she seems smooth as can be. Owner said she was dropped while getting a bath, which checks out because the damage is in one spot, not slid down the entire piece. All carbon fiber plastics, new rear tire, and it came with a service manual. I definitely think I got a fine specimen of the model and I'm anxious to get some more saddle time. Sorry that I don't have any glamour pics, but I snapped this one specifically for you guys after we got her tied down.

I'm glad to be a member of this club.

Pretty simple to figure out f it was a drop or it went down while on the move, if it was indeed just dropped, then the damage would be more like small dots and possibly short scrapes. If it went down on the move then the lines of scrapes would be longer and stuff would be bent to different degrees according to how fast and hard it hit the ground, great bikes good luck with it.

Congrats on a kick ass new ride! Clutch levers and radiator pods are both very inexpensive and easy to swap. Time for some adventures

Thanks Cooter, I'm really enjoying her so far. I already have a set of levers on order and I'll find time to replace the pod this winter. It's not too terrible, more rash than bash.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast