Thread: Pre 08 Buell xb Fuel Pump Wiring Question?

Pre 08 Buell xb Fuel Pump Wiring Question?

Hey everyone looking for some quick help. I have an 03 xb9s and I saw my fuel pump connectors were corroded so i pulled them apart and cleaned them. Ended up letting them sit for a month. Now im ready to put the pins back in the connector but for some reason a little voice in the back of my head is telling me the yellow/red wire and the brown/yellow wire went together rather than matching wires in the opposite connector. I dont think thats right and dont know why they would be crossed but that damn little voice. Anyway, could someone with a pre 08 run outside and check your connectors for me and let me know what goes to what. There should be a black, grey, yellow/red, brown/yellow. Thanks

Don’t listen to the voice in your head.
    Match the wires.
    Unless someone else has molested that wiring system prior to you getting your hands on it, there is NO reason wires of corresponding colors would not match/connect to one another.
    I’ve never encountered a situation with my bike that called for mismatching wires.

If the voice in your head is still dominating over reason go to www.buellmods.com and down load a service manual. Check the actual wire diagram.

Or do a quick google search; something like “2003 Buell XB9 fuel pump wire diagram” should do the trick.

If you have a cell phone or a digital camera, take a picture don't trust your memory, trust me, makes life a lot easier.

I know your right. Even thought about taking a pic but I also wasnt planning on letting it sit for a month. Iv never seen the wires cross like that but i kept having a vision of me taking them apart and it being that way and saying to myself thats odd. Haha musta been a dream. Thanks for the help

Whenever I take apart a connector I wrap each side of the connector and wires with tape. Prior to disconnecting the connector, I number the corresponding wires, connector location, and pin, on each side of the connector, and then unplug it.
    It’s a bit tedious but insures there’s never a screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Whenever I take apart a connector I wrap each side of the connector and wires with tape. Prior to disconnecting the connector, I number the corresponding wires, connector location, and pin, on each side of the connector, and then unplug it.
    It’s a bit tedious but insures there’s never a screw up.
    Yes I do the same ^^^^^^

Don't worry chicken, you Southerners will catch on the smart phones pretty soon too.

Smart phones?
    Who uses those!