Thread: Bar risers

Bar risers

Hi team, I've been looking for some bar risers for the Uly - standing up in the rough stuff it feels like I'm reaching down too low. A quick Google throws up Diesel Moto (which is out of stock - no idea if they're gonna make more) and Precision Engineering whose website spits out 500 errors if I try to look at them or add them to the cart.

Does anyone have any other options for bar risers? I haven't had any luck looking on ebay etc. Ideally I like to stay at around one inch so I don't have to change cables etc. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Andrew

Im not familiar with the Uly bar set up but I can’t help think that some type of motorcross handle bars would be a viable option.

I’m sure some Uly pro will chime in and set you straight.

https://www.mototech271.com/2006-bue...r-n0348-1adybp

those seem pretty straight foward

edit: just noticed they're out of stock too!

https://advrider.com/f/threads/rox-r...-a-uly.312718/ looks like rox risers work well according to this dude on advrider

those were the 2 i looked @ way back when i wanted to do risers, but then realized they wouldnt work with my GPR damper
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 10-12-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Inactive
    why don't you just do the "top clamp hack and fit" routine? yields approx. 7//8th of an inch of rise for less than $20 or so.

general ULYSSES rule of thumb is that 1" rise and no change in pullback gives a nice degree of comfort. minimal fiddling.
    two inch rise IS possible with stock cables/lines/hoses but requires a ton of fiddling and rerouting of most everything.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 10-12-2018 at 12:41 PM.

@lunatic I'm not familiar with the top clamp hack and fit routine - what's involved? My search-fu seems to be failing me.

@BuellyBagger I did look at Rox risers but they raise about 2" and move the bars back about 1" so would require re-routing cables etc, not the end of the world but was hoping to get away with an easier mod:-)

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by llama View Post
    @lunatic I'm not familiar with the top clamp hack and fit routine - what's involved? My search-fu seems to be failing me.

@BuellyBagger I did look at Rox risers but they raise about 2" and move the bars back about 1" so would require re-routing cables etc, not the end of the world but was hoping to get away with an easier mod:-)
    wish i had saved a few better pics from this mod but it's simple, cheap and effective. do NOT quote me on this but i believe all the XB handlebar top clamps the same including ulysses. obviously the inlay decal different but i'm thinking they're all the same.
    1-if ordering new factory part # is N0348.1ADYT no supercedes or suffixes. do NOT order uslysses decal...just clamp.
    2-remove your handlebar clamp and set aside bars with whatever means necessary.
    3-pre-fit your new clamp to your top triple clamp to confirm shape and the 4 bolt holes match up.
    4-now trim away the center portion leaving the left and right supports that dimensionally match up to triple clamp. the pics show it all. enlarge the one pic and you'll clearly see
    5-you won't have the raised nib or section that fits into the valley of the triple clamp but does NOT matter.
    6-after fitting take your 4 stock allen cap bolts to any local hardware store....they're SAE...and fetch 4 new ones of sufficient length. as i recall 3/4's of an inch did the job. simply measure to confirm. when installing new bolts i put a dab of blue loctite on each one.
    AND ALWAYS REMEMBER...when torquing down handlebar clamp bolts you gently tighten all 4 in sequence keeping them even.....then tighten the lower 2(the 2 towards gas tank/air box) till they're both BARELY SNUG......then tighten the upper 2 fully till clamp is fully tightened. important that method be followed.
    you can do the above for less than $20....works nicely.....fun little project....raises bars approx. 7/8th of an inch....does NOT change pullback. ALL CABLES/HOSES/WIRES remain undisturbed with minimal fiddling.
    pic of yellow airbox uly shows the top clamp mod....other pic shows a pair of 1" risers from an old outfit called adventure land but i'll be damned if i can find their info or brochure any longer.

you're welcome!

uly riser.jpg
    a-m1.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 10-14-2018 at 12:03 PM.

I might actually still have the original top clamp off my uly. Hit me up if you go that route, I'll make ya smokin real on it

Thanks BuellyBagger - problem is I'm based in New Zealand so shipping could be a bit spendy. We certainly pay more for Harley/Buell parts over here - local Harley dealer priced a top mount up at NZ $62 (~US $41).