Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xb9 big bore vs turbo

Xb9 big bore vs turbo

Ive been doing a lot of reading on the big bore kits, mostly finding work done on the 12s. I have an xb9. I know I could just invest the money is a bigger bike but I like the short stroke and want some thing just a little bit different. Its my understanding that the gains are not that much for the money invested. I know hammer has a 1275 kit and NHRS also has kits. Does anyone have any dyno info on theses? Also to spice things up a bit im also looking into a TURBO. Any opinions about just going the turbo route?

Search 'Eric Z' for your Buell turbo questions

Thanks Cooter, I've been read his posts all morning. I thought he'd be a great resource during the build. I'll reach out to him.

What is ur goal ? 1/4 mile ? top speed? wheelies? bragging ? shows ? craving ? or just be cuz ? any pics of the XB9 .

Sounds to me like your going to take a perfectly good reliable motorcycle and turn it into something that needs constant tuning and wrenching! Leave it alone, ride it and enjoy it.

play bike just because.

putting a 1250 or 1275 on a 9 is now going to make is a 1250 or 1275.....
    i think a 1250 kit on a 9 is a 1050.

I was thinking of building a 9 with a 1250 kit and then a turbo.

Ur gonna spend a small fortune doing a turbo build....assuming u do it right. Around $5k minimum to get to the hp of an 1125, and a lot more to make bigger numbers. Buy an 1125 or an 1190

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk1976 View Post
    Ur gonna spend a small fortune doing a turbo build....assuming u do it right. Around $5k minimum to get to the hp of an 1125, and a lot more to make bigger numbers. Buy an 1125 or an 1190
    Sorry, not trying to be a dick or piss on your parade, but I've spoken with EricZ on several occasions as well as other custom engine builders etc. 5k was the starting point (assuming you can do all the labor yourself) I have an 04 firebolt sitting in my garage that I bought specifically to turbo, if you got the extra $$$ to throw at it, by all means don't let me talk you out of it. I love turbo bikes...... But you could honestly buy a whole new bike and ride it for an entire season before you get a turbo done and running for the same price.

Adding a turbo is so easy, anyone can do it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Other-...3:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast