Thread: 2007 XB12Ss Lightning Long

2007 XB12Ss Lightning Long

Last edited by Darin; 10-29-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? The pics have plates from Georgia, just checking.

And with such low mileage, why all the new engine parts? Did you get it fixed ok?

I was wondering the same thing about the parts, I hope I don't have to replace all those parts when my SS gets to 5000 miles.
    It is a nice bike with low milage, good luck with the sale.

P.S. I would be interested in the bags if you decide to sell them separately ?
    Last edited by njloco; 10-17-2018 at 01:06 AM.

Double post
    Last edited by Darin; 10-17-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about the parts, I hope I don't have to replace all those parts when my SS gets to 5000 miles.
    It is a nice bike with low milage, good luck with the sale.

P.S. I would be interested in the bags if you decide to sell them separately ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? The pics have plates from Georgia, just checking.

And with such low mileage, why all the new engine parts? Did you get it fixed ok?
    Yes Georgia, Dallas which is about 30 minutes north and west of Atlanta.

Previous owner had hesitation problem at about 3500 rpms and said he fixed it with the injectors and fuel pump, he was wrong. The bike still had the problem but didn't show up during the test ride but more like a week or 2 later because he also reset the TPS. The TPS was the real hesitation problem which is what I replaced and then dropped it off at HD to get calibrated. They went to calibrate it and said "engine temp. sensor is not reading correctly and we can't calibrate TPS until it is" so they replaced the temp. sensor before the TPS was calibrated. The only parts that should have been replaced was the TPS and temp. sensor the bike is now running great no hesitation at any rpm.