Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Buyer Parts Availability Question xb12Ss or xb12STT

Potential Buyer Parts Availability Question xb12Ss or xb12STT

I almost bought an xb9 many years ago. Now, I'm back in the market and can't seem to shake the xb12. Specifically looking for an xb12Ss (long) or xb12STT.

I'm not a mechanic though, and that makes me naive and nervous about parts availability.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Are parts readily available?

Can you pull parts from other Buell, like the xb9 or Ulysses?

I did find a local mechanic who works on Buell on the side. But all the local HD dealers politely tell me they can't help.

All the best,
    Brian

If you research this question, you'll find that it has recently come a few times and has had all positive responses.

Inactive
    I'm not a mechanic though, and that makes me naive and nervous about parts availability.

don't be

Are parts readily available?
    yes

an you pull parts from other Buell, like the xb9 or Ulysses?
    yes

other than certain transluscent pieces of body work aka cherry bomb...orange krate...hero blue....kick ash..........virtually every buell XB part is still available either new or top-quality used and always will be. when the OEM supply runs dry the aftermarket inevitably will kick in and resupply. and how do i know? just ask my 1972 Kawasaki H2-Mach IV 750.....or my 1953 Vincent Black Shadow. if they could talk both would say "John's right as usual."

1953 Vincent Black Shadow 3b x.jpg

myH2.jpg

I had the same questions, love these bikes, lots of parts and service available , eBay has a lot as well. Not much maintenance , oil, plugs, tires , brakes about it. I recently bought an 09 xb12r for myself and my wife bought an 07 xb9sx. Bikes are both amazing!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. There's a lot of chatter out there adding to the noise. That's why I wanted to talk to actual owners.

On to the hunt.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776Brigade View Post
    I almost bought an xb9 many years ago. Now, I'm back in the market and can't seem to shake the xb12. Specifically looking for an xb12Ss (long) or xb12STT.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated. Are parts readily available?

Can you pull parts from other Buell, like the xb9 or Ulysses?

I did find a local mechanic who works on Buell on the side. But all the local HD dealers politely tell me they can't help.

All the best,
    Brian
    https://fayar.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2...698932037.html

Checking that bike out now.

Hope I'm not crossing a line here, but is $6,000 too much to pay for an 07 STT with a little over 8,000k - no mods (it's a different bike than what you posted)? It's a super clean bike with a good history. Just seems a bit steep. Especially given the bike you shared above.
    Last edited by 1776Brigade; 10-21-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Seems way high to me but I'm sure the others will chime in. If I were you I'd wait til the right bike at the right price came along. I wouldn't pay a dime over $3500 for that bike. But then again I'm a cheap fu@k and love to haggle and usually get what I want at the price I want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast