Thread: Timing??

Timing??

Ok...Updated my '09 1125r with new rotor, stator etc....... torqued it all to spec., New battery, go to start and received a unwelcome response.... like the timing somehow got messed up, turned over, but the more you try the harder it got (like compression was building up and draining the battery down. ) kinda backfired a little, and I stopped before destroying something, Can't find any Harley shop to help, Ebr tech line is very very limited.... is possible to screw the timing up from the rotor side ??? Anyone Know of a good Mechanic in southwest Louisiana that works on these engines ????? Any help is very appreciated, Just wanting to ride again....

I wouldn't assume it's timing but I'd start with very basic diagnosis to find the problem.
    whats the CCA rating your new battery?
    What is the resting voltage of the battery?
    Whats the cranking voltage?
    Charge it fully either way (not a "tender", a battery charger)

thats step 1.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGo View Post
    Ok...Updated my '09 1125r with new rotor, stator etc....... torqued it all to spec., New battery, go to start and received a unwelcome response.... like the timing somehow got messed up, turned over, but the more you try the harder it got (like compression was building up and draining the battery down. ) kinda backfired a little, and I stopped before destroying something, Can't find any Harley shop to help, Ebr tech line is very very limited.... is possible to screw the timing up from the rotor side ??? Anyone Know of a good Mechanic in southwest Louisiana that works on these engines ????? Any help is very appreciated, Just wanting to ride again....
    Did you get her running? Keep us updated as to the problem.......inquiring minds wanna know